Will we hit a 1,000 passes in a game this season.

Earlier this season, i asked Sky Bet if they would give me odds on City completing 1000 passes in either any game or a PL game this season, at the time we were regularly doing 800 plus

They bottled it & said no!

If you consider that we would need 80% possession for this to happen, that equates to 72 mins of having the ball. 1000 ÷ 72 mins ÷ 60 secs = a pass roughly every 4.32 seconds for every minute of those 72 mins that we have the ball. Definately achievable and as others have said, beating our neighbours with 1000 passes and the title at full time.

NURSE!!!

If you consider that we would need 80% possession for this to happen, that equates to 72 mins of having the ball. 1000 ÷ 72 mins ÷ 60 secs = a pass roughly every 4.32 seconds for every minute of those 72 mins that we have the ball. Definately achievable and as others have said, beating our neighbours with 1000 passes and the title at full time.

NURSE!!!
80% doesnt equate to 72 minutes with the ball because the ball isnt in play for 90 minutes, thought the average was sixty something minutes. So it would be less than a pass every 4.32 seconds.

80% doesnt equate to 72 minutes with the ball because the ball isnt in play for 90 minutes, thought the average was sixty something minutes. So it would be less than a pass every 4.32 seconds.
Very good point. Well I would therefore revise the figure to an even more impressive pass every 3.5 secs. But it's a guess now

It was the only thing they were fussed about tonight by the number of times they went sideways instead of forwards. Even the commentators were arguing about it when it was 900 with over 10 minutes to go. Let's hope they don't want to break this record ever again! 1000 and out please. Doing it sucked too much momentum out of the play. But it might be one positive Pep takes out of tonight as he regards that kind of play as important to control phases of the game. And a lot of players got a lot of practice doing it tonight.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.