Phil Foden - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did well considering he looked isolated at times, Gundogan was way off the boil and Yaya can't get up and down the pitch any longer. I'd love to see him having either Dave or KdB alongside to play those little combinations around the edge of the box.

Hopefully he can rack up the appearances from now until the end of the season Gigi g him a platform to build upon for next season.

I still feel if he can get a loan somewhere he will play near enough every game then he needs to do it.

I think he is ready for the men’s game but only at the right level.

He did well considering he looked isolated at times, Gundogan was way off the boil and Yaya can't get up and down the pitch any longer. I'd love to see him having either Dave or KdB alongside to play those little combinations around the edge of the box.

My thoughts exactly. Hard to judge him fairly when he is in midfield with two senior players who can't be arsed running and building up play along side him.

My thoughts exactly. Hard to judge him fairly when he is in midfield with two senior players who can't be arsed running and building up play along side him.
I thought he did well on the ball but less so off the ball. He and Gundo have hardly any playing time together so hardly surprising that both might suffer.

Did reasonably well last night.
Not helped by Yaya and Zinchenko having stinkers and Gundogan being below par. I think hte number of times he passed the ball and got into a position, in space, to receive a pass back but nothing happened was well into double figures.

if he was 27 with years of experience id say last night he was bang average but he's not, the bar changes when you're talking about a 17 yr old, so i think he did alright, a few nice touches and some nice passing, one great through ball. decent. just got to keep on playing.

Felt sorry for him. Its great that he got 90 mins and in a last 16 CL match, which is great experience for the lad. Can't help but be a little disappointed though, that his chance comes in a much weakened side. We won't know how good he really is, or can be, until he gets minutes alongside our best players.

looked good, just needs more game time to help him adjust physically to this level, you could tell Brahim has had more game time by the way he positioned his body slightly better to earn fouls and hold his own against bigger players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.