US vs UK culture

roy.or.r

Hi all. I don't know if I needed to make a thread for this or should it go to the general discussion. I think the mods can take care if they feel anything else.
SO here it goes. I am an Indian and currently living in the US. I have been living here for 4 years. Coming here, I have seen a huge culture difference.
I have always been curious to find out how different is the UK culture from the US? Just to have some knowledge since I am planning to go on a vacation in the UK later this year.
Any thoughts?

Hi all. I don't know if I needed to make a thread for this or should it go to the general discussion. I think the mods can take care if they feel anything else.
SO here it goes. I am an Indian and currently living in the US. I have been living here for 4 years. Coming here, I have seen a huge culture difference.
I have always been curious to find out how different is the UK culture from the US? Just to have some knowledge since I am planning to go on a vacation in the UK later this year.
Any thoughts?

For a start you go on holiday in the UK not a vacation

I've never been to America but I have worked with plenty of people from the States. I find them to be really positive and upbeat people, uncomfortably so at times but if they're happy, well, it isn't my business.

In terms of actual "culture", despite our tiny size in comparison as a country I believe the UK has more. Then again that comes from somebody who hasn't been to the States.

I'll concede that the 4-way stop is a good idea, but the cheap and nasty fast food culture that America had exported round the world has contributed to a Worlwide obesity crisis. The fact that you can buy double yor recommended daily intake of calories (in fat and sugar) for less than $8.00 is scary.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.