Pet dog taken ill suddenly

PW

Just wondering if anyone's dog has ever suddenly taken ill and gone rapidly down hill in the space of five days.

I've got two Rhodesian Ridgebacks and the six year old one started to loose his appetite last Monday. This was unusual as he can shift some food and never usually leaves any. He then started with diarrhea on Wednesday night, I put him straight on chicken and rice. Usually within forty eight hours he'd be fine, but it made no difference and Friday night after I fed him he vomitted. He still had an appetite, but today that to has diminished and he's just sleeping and his breathing has got a little heavy. He's going to the vets tomorrow but in the space of four days I'm amazed at how much weight he's lost. He was a lean dog to start with, but he looks emaciated like on the animal cruelty adverts.

Anyone's dog suffered the same symptoms or any advice until I can get to the vets tomorrow.

I am hoping you don't live in Salisbury.

Being serious now - do you walk in any wooded areas? Some dogs don't react well to types of plants. My parents got a Romanian rescue dog (they kill strays over there by injecting them with paint stripper), and to this day that dog has one of the most sensitive stomachs i've known. Usually after visits to wooded areas.

Besides trying to narrow it down just get them to the vet first thing. Is there an emergency vet? tbh i would go there right now if they are not eating to this extent.

Have they got a bad abscess in their mouth? if you can't see anything wrong in their mouth honestly id go to an emergency vet quick. I would not wait until tomorrow.

Just wondering if anyone's dog has ever suddenly taken ill and gone rapidly down hill in the space of five days.

I've got two Rhodesian Ridgebacks and the six year old one started to loose his appetite last Monday. This was unusual as he can shift some food and never usually leaves any. He then started with diarrhea on Wednesday night, I put him straight on chicken and rice. Usually within forty eight hours he'd be fine, but it made no difference and Friday night after I fed him he vomitted. He still had an appetite, but today that to has diminished and he's just sleeping and his breathing has got a little heavy. He's going to the vets tomorrow but in the space of four days I'm amazed at how much weight he's lost. He was a lean dog to start with, but he looks emaciated like on the animal cruelty adverts.

Anyone's dog suffered the same symptoms or any advice until I can get to the vets tomorrow.
Go straight to the vets, could be primary or secondary poisoning, could be his kidneys.

if you ring your vet the answer phone message will tell you where the emergency clinic is,it'll cost you a fortune but tomorrow might be too late

First thing to check in sudden onset illness is dogs is tic infection
As someone has said wooded areas and long grass are where they pick them up
Hope everything is ok

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.