US vs UK culture

American food is shocking in all aspects compared to food everywhere else. The best food (health wise and just for taste) are the Sount east Asian countries...but then again pallets are such an individual thing that its hard to judge.....

But health wise the US is shocking beyond belief for general eating/food shopping etc

South East Asia food can’t be beaten. Thai food is the tastiest food about, I’ve just landed in Bangkok so I’ll get a taste of it tonight!

I do love the fatty American food though. A stack of pancakes and crispy bacon for breakfast, love it.

Phoenix is brilliant, although baking in summer.
Out in the desert I saw a Hopi Indian boy riding a skewbald pony bareback, doing tricks for tourists, he looked like an even more beautiful Brad Pitt with black hair and eyes, and I've never seen horsemanship like it. I read somewhere that native Americans were the finest light cavalry ever, and after seeing this lad, I can believe it.

Good thing about Phoenix is that you’ve got Vegas, San Diego, Flagstaff (grand canyon) and LA all within driving distance. I can only spend a few days in Phoenix before I get bored. Even Mexico is a good little trip to make.

Good thing about Phoenix is that you’ve got Vegas, San Diego, Flagstaff (grand canyon) and LA all within driving distance. I can only spend a few days in Phoenix before I get bored. Even Mexico is a good little trip to make.
As a city it doesn’t really have a wow factor but, as you say, there’s loads of great places around it. Less than an hour’s drive can get you to some seriously spectacular scenery. The Apache Trail and the Superstition Mountains are fantastic.

As a city it doesn’t really have a wow factor but, as you say, there’s loads of great places around it. Less than an hour’s drive can get you to some seriously spectacular scenery. The Apache Trail and the Superstition Mountains are fantastic.

Yep. Driving to flagstaff is pretty surreal. One minute you’re in boiling temperatures, the next you’re seeing snow beside the road.

I liked the people of Portland. Prob my favourite US City. I liked the feel of it. Loads of different beers to choose from too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.