Anti depressants..

They put me on a combo of Venlafaxine and Mirtazapine and for the first time in my life I'm a lard arse.

I've improved drastically but not sure how much is down to meds.

They put me on a combo of Venlafaxine and Mirtazapine and for the first time in my life I'm a lard arse.

I've improved drastically but not sure how much is down to meds.
Been there, done it mate, they don't help, cbt is what will help, sorted me out

For the right people the right meds can make an incredible difference. Not always a straight forward thing at all.

Make sure you trust your GP and ask questions about your treatment and diagnosis. I tried various anti ds with at best bad at worse horrendous results. That was down to the doctors failing to diagnose M.E. and treating me for depression when infact the drugs were the very worst thing I could have been given. So my words of wisdom are simple really make sure the diagnosis is correct and if it is, its worth trying to find one that suits you because they can make a very big difference to your life.

They will fuck u up

Not everyone mate...they did me but there were good reasons I should never have been put on them in the first place. Hence I caution making absolutely certain you havent been fobbed off with depression (easy and most importantly relatively cheap diagnosis) when infact it is not depression at all, or the depression symptoms are being caused by an underlying issue.

I've been on two short courses: fluoxitine when I was at university, and sertraline a couple of years ago. The former was great and made me feel fantastic, but the latter made me feel worse - though it could've just been down to the nature of my 'illness', my age the time and what I was depressed about, rather than the drug itself.

Don't listen to these pseudo-medics in the media who say that you can and should do without them, or the Scientology-esque hysteria about them being some sort of evil drug - doctors prescribe because they usually work, and there is no shame in taking them. But they do work better when in tandem with other measures (i.e. counselling, lifestyle changes, etc.)

Last edited:
CBT can work.

I found it an utter waste of my and the therapist’s time.

Drugs worked until I removed the cause of it all, then I didn’t need the drugs anymore.

I’ve been taking 20mg of Citalopram for the past 6 months or so.

I seldom feel depressed or anxious anymore but I can’t say for certain if it’s because of citalopram, ritalin, a change of mindset or a combination of the three.

I personally hated sertraline and fluoxetine and mirtazapine merely turned me into a ravenous pig.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.