Indian street food at Iceland

Indian Street Food, straight from a UK mass producing factory which is located..... ...on a Street. Pukka

Not tried as i don't shop in Iceland. I used to eat frozen curries by a small company called Rani in the 80s. Tasted pretty good to me at the time. Seemed to disappear from shops and I forgot all about them but about 6 months ago, I saw their range in the freezer of a small Asian convenience shop. I bought a curry and rice. Still tasted as good as they did in the 80s. I recommend them.

Not tried as i don't shop in Iceland. I used to eat frozen curries by a small company called Rani in the 80s. Tasted pretty good to me at the time. Seemed to disappear from shops and I forgot all about them but about 6 months ago, I saw their range in the freezer of a small Asian convenience shop. I bought a curry and rice. Still tasted as good as they did in the 80s. I recommend them.
The Ranish chicken madras was fantastic, and whole breast of chicken IIRC.

The Ranish chicken madras was fantastic, and whole breast of chicken IIRC.
Yes, all good stuff. I had a beef Madras and pilau rice recently but the tandoori chicken breast was the best IMO. I googled Rani earlier to find they are a Manchester company. I think they have missed their way as their food is as 'authentic' and tasty as frozen Indian food gets. Not that I'm an expert, but I've eaten Indian food many years, even though many will argue that dishes like balti and tikka masala were invented over here.

Yes, all good stuff. I had a beef Madras and pilau rice recently but the tandoori chicken breast was the best IMO. I googled Rani earlier to find they are a Manchester company. I think they have missed their way as their food is as 'authentic' and tasty as frozen Indian food gets. Not that I'm an expert, but I've eaten Indian food many years, even though many will argue that dishes like balti and tikka masala were invented over here.
I think they were based in Leve wasn't sure if theyou were still going must be 20 years since I last saw them.

Decided to try the Iceland stuff after reading this.
Never shopped there before so was a bit dubious about it especially as they were 4 for 5 quid but it's actually very good. Just tried a portion of Angry Birds Chicken and some Tandoori Veg and was very impressed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.