Who founded the City Supporters Club?

I've had an email from a lady who think her grandfather, Harry Ratcliffe, may have originally founded the City Supporters Club. Said I'd ask on here if anyone could shed any light, perhaps @Gary James?
The supporters club was formed in 1926 with branches such as Denton existing by 1945. In 1949, for some reason, it was relaunched with Brooks Bar branch claiming to be the first (Denton could probably challenge that).

The supporters club was formed in 1926 with branches such as Denton existing by 1945. In 1949, for some reason, it was relaunched with Brooks Bar branch claiming to be the first (Denton could probably challenge that).
I'd ask my Grandad and great Grandad if they were still alive.

my dad was a member of city supporters club that was held in MARY STREET in Harperhay in the late 40 early 50
don't know when that was started though or if it is still going or not

Off topic, but Alfred Wainwright, the late great Lake District Fellwalker and author founded The Blackburn Rovers fan club around 1932.

Not a lot of people know that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.