Dodging bullets

Bluekiwi

Team supported
Manchester City (from 1955) & Adelaide Crows (AFL)
In the past few seasons we have dodged a few bullets, for instance:

The owners NOT trying to appoint Mou
Pep not interested in signing Pogba prefering Ilkay as a far superior midfielder
Management refusing to meet the ridiculous pay demands for Sanchez

Any others?

Losing to liverpool. If we’d beaten them we wouldn’t have had the chance of winning it against united

Not getting a post-prime Kaka for £90mil was important.

Not signing Rooney when he requested a move to us was another biggie and forced them into giving him a £300K a week deal which destroyed their wage structure and paved the way for the inflated wages of Falcao, Ibhrahimovic, Pogba, Sanchez et al.

This is always a bit of a chicken-egg thing.

Pogba looks shit at United, if he were here, under Pep he'd be one of the best players in the league. Sanchez would be the same. They'd have clear instructions catered to their individual strengths, they'd have been drilled to know exactly where to be relative to the ball and in a structure where they'd have forward passing options and support nearby.

The reason they are playing poorly is not because they are bad players, their careers prior to arriving at the swamp put that notion to bed, but because they are managed badly.

Dani Alves sounds like he's being a right twat at PSG now they're out of the CL, but that's because he knows he's untouchable because he's Neymar's friend, and Neymar needs to stay happy in Paris. I'm sure under Pep he'd have probably fallen in line because he rarely or never spoke out of turn under him at Barcelona.

Rooney is one I would agree on, and Kaka seemed to be damaged goods at the time, the knee injury which ended him was already there in the summer of 2009.

Last edited:
Thought this was another Yank thread!

I’d say keeping Joe Hart at this point! Ederson has redefined the term “goalkeeper.” Tbf, so has Joe! ;-(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.