CL Quarter Final Draw - Liverpool A Apr 4th - H Apr 10th

Head to head record ... Klopp 6 Guardiola 5 Draw 1
Wow, didn’t expect that.

It should be 6-6 or have you forgotten the appalling refereeing last season? The one thing we will get from UEFA is a similar consistency of refereeing. Only Barca and Real get special treatment and that's normally from the refs falling for the play acting.

Last edited:
It is quite simple. If we play Bernardo at Klanfield we may will win as he will destroy Robertson and give Silva and KDB more space in the middle. If he plays Sterling we will lose - his head is totally in the wrong place at Klanfield and he will repeat his previous poor performances there.
I say may well win - as other players also have head problems at Klanfield - but getting joy on the right hand side is very important to winning the game.

Last edited:
This tie will be all but over at the end of the first leg either way.
Our record there is appalling and if there is one team who can take us on at
our own game and beat us it is the scousers.
If we come away with a draw and a chance to finish it off at our place I will be a happy man.

Head to head record ... Klopp 6 Guardiola 5 Draw 1

Wow, didn’t expect that.

I’d be interested in the breakdown of that record though.

Obviously Klopp was in Germany and England before pep so are those results skewed in favour of klopp during the first season pep was in a league but in peps favour subsequently.

And haven’t a couple of meetings been in the German super cup ie their charity shield

If we come away with a draw and a chance to finish it off at our place I will be a happy man.
Far too many poeple are buying into this media groupthink bollocks.

WE lost at Anfield because it was one of those days which happen to every team where everything that can go wrong did go wrong. We had no Silva, and that is ALWAYS a massive disadvantage. Delph went off injured. We made 2-3 big errors and they finished them well. Until they went 2-1 up we looked very likely to win, in fact we had taken control of the game.

Barring any further disasters, they won't be able to get the ball off us and we will win comfortably over 2 legs. It could conceivably be a bit of a rout if we go a goal or two up at Anfield and they have to come at us.

If we lost 4-3 again we'd still have about a 60% chance of progressing from the tie.

We were also very unlucky not to have gone 2-1 up ourselves. Otamendi header against the bar.

I’m in the cup scheme but not had an email or confirmation.

Just been on the site and I have a reserved ticket that I can buy? Why hasn’t this been done automatically?

Far too many poeple are buying into this media groupthink bollocks.

WE lost at Anfield because it was one of those days which happen to every team where everything that can go wrong did go wrong. We had no Silva, and that is ALWAYS a massive disadvantage. Delph went off injured. We made 2-3 big errors and they finished them well. Until they went 2-1 up we looked very likely to win, in fact we had taken control of the game.
I genuinely don't think it is about buying into media bollocks. I totally take on board your points about the 4-3 defeat but I suspect the reason some blues are not as confident as they perhaps should be is our record there. That is reality not media spin. You say it was just one of those days but the problem is it is usually just one of those days when we play at anfield. We have had a better team than them for about 8 years now and our record there is still really poor. I absolutely know we have a significantly better team than them currently but I still don't share your optimism about us beating them comfortably. I think this is 50/50 and like Bert I am worried that we could have a mountain to climb in that second leg.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.