CL Quarter Final Draw - Liverpool A Apr 4th - H Apr 10th

Posters saying we were unlucky to lose 4-3 are kidding themselves.On balance we deserved to lose the game. Errors and misses aren’t unlucky, they’re part of the game - we made em and we deservedly paid the price.

That said, the scouse biased media are also kidding themselves. We deservedly lost narrowly at Anfield but they deservedly got battered at our place. They weren’t unlucky, they correctly had a man sent off and then they capitulated. By any yardstick we’re a much better team than them and we would much have preferred to draw them than anyone bar Sevilla and Roma. Yet the media focus on the narrow defeat at Anfield and airbrush out our 20 point lead our better cup record our superior squad our bigger crowds our superior recent h2h record etc etc

Over two legs we should comfortably see them off.

I genuinely don't think it is about buying into media bollocks. I totally take on board your points about the 4-3 defeat but I suspect the reason some blues are not as confident as they perhaps should be is our record there. That is reality not media spin. You say it was just one of those days but the problem is it is usually just one of those days when we play at anfield. We have had a better team than them for about 8 years now and our record there is still really poor. I absolutely know we have a significantly better team than them currently but I still don't share your optimism about us beating them comfortably. I think this is 50/50 and like Bert I am worried that we could have a mountain to climb in that second leg.

It’s not 50/50 at all. We are superior in every department. They are a 1 man team who has the ability to change a game.

They are totally pace based attack. If we control the game like we did at anfield until we created 3 massive errors then we will wipe the floor with this lot. They scored 3 at their place from our cock ups, we dominated them with 10 men and we had no Silva.

The biggest hurdle will be the candle lighting, black armband media frenzy for the anniversary of hillsborough and mo salahs third cousins twice removed pet gerbil dieing. Woe is me, woe are all scousers.

I predict a tight and tense game at their place, then I predict a fucking slaughter followed by a riot at our place.

Stick your candle lighting istoree up your arse, sideways.

It’s not 50/50 at all. We are superior in every department. They are a 1 man team who has the ability to change a game.

They are totally pace based attack. If we control the game like we did at anfield until we created 3 massive errors then we will wipe the floor with this lot. They scored 3 at their place from our cock ups, we dominated them with 10 men and we had no Silva.

The biggest hurdle will be the candle lighting, black armband media frenzy for the anniversary of hillsborough and mo salahs third cousins twice removed pet gerbil dieing. Woe is me, woe are all scousers.

I predict a tight and tense game at their place, then I predict a fucking slaughter followed by a riot at our place.

Stick your candle lighting istoree up your arse, sideways.

when did we have 10 men?

Posters saying we were unlucky to lose 4-3 are kidding themselves.On balance we deserved to lose the game. Errors and misses aren’t unlucky, they’re part of the game - we made em and we deservedly paid the price.

That said, the scouse biased media are also kidding themselves. We deservedly lost narrowly at Anfield but they deservedly got battered at our place. They weren’t unlucky, they correctly had a man sent off and then they capitulated. By any yardstick we’re a much better team than them and we would much have preferred to draw them than anyone bar Sevilla and Roma. Yet the media focus on the narrow defeat at Anfield and airbrush out our 20 point lead our better cup record our superior squad our bigger crowds our superior recent h2h record etc etc

Over two legs we should comfortably see them off.

It's weird how so many people in the media paint the 5-0 as a wildly distorted result all because Liverpool had a player deservedly sent off at 1-0. Oddly enough, even though they're every bit as much a media darling as Liverpool are, when we beat United by a 5 goal margin in October 2011 at Old Trafford following them having a player sent off at 1-0, I saw far fewer excuses in the press for United's capitulation that day.

It’s not 50/50 at all. We are superior in every department.

I made it clear that I know we are a much better team than them, the league table tells us that much. But I think it would be daft to ignore our record at anfield, it is completely relevant and having a much better team than them hasn't helped our record there much since we became a top team and personally I don't expect that to change in this tie. I hope it does change and as we are a better team I accept it is entirely possible that it will but I am not expecting it to. And if we do go there and as usual don't perform then this tie is at best going to be right in the balance, hence my 50/50 comment. Anyway, it's all just opinion, we will soon find out and believe me I hope I am way off the mark and that you're right because I hate these ****s and nothing would make me happier at the moment than knocking them out of the CL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.