Roberto Mancini - next Italy manager

That was a remarkably badly judged and ill-informed post, Rachel Scarborough. (Some folk might call it "stupid.")
Three moments to remember:
How he showed his identification with the supporters and the club's history by wearing the traditional blue & white bar scarf.
How he sat there and grinned at the end of the 6-1 at the swamp.
How he told Fergie to shut up as City beat Utd 1-0 to go top.
And all in the context of getting Manchester City to play lovely football and win cups for the first time in decades.

Thank you, Roberto Mancini, and well done. This and nowt else, always.

Well said. Very well said.

That's why it's not totally unfair to compare him to Mourinho. Both are very good coaches in their different ways (maybe "was" is more appropriate for Mourinho) but end up pissing people off, getting into fights they don't need to have and moaning like spoiled kids that they can't have all the toys they want.

It's not unfair, it's apt.

Mancini was good for us for a short period because we were very poor defensively when he came in, but he took those players as far as he could (even backwards in 12-13) and his record after leaving us shows that the club were right to move him on.

We all know now the fall outs etcetera behind the scenes and why he had to be moved on but Mancini will always be a legend in my and a lot of other City fan's eyes.

We were floundering around going nowhere fast with Hughes in charge. An ex rag, millions spent and no further forward really.

Mancini came in and gave us our pride back. He made us more professional, harder to beat and won us our first trophy in 35 years and our first title in 44. He promised to tear down that banner and did and rattled Ferguson like no other manager I have seen. He also gave us the 6-1.

I don't care what he has done since or will do in the future he was the right man at the right time for this club and did a great job.

We all know now the fall outs etcetera behind the scenes and why he had to be moved on but Mancini will always be a legend in my and a lot of other City fan's eyes.

We were floundering around going nowhere fast with Hughes in charge. An ex rag, millions spent and no further forward really.

Mancini came in and gave us our pride back. He made us more professional, harder to beat and won us our first trophy in 35 years and our first title in 44. He promised to tear down that banner and did and rattled Ferguson like no other manager I have seen. He also gave us the 6-1.

I don't care what he has done since or will do in the future he was the right man at the right time for this club and did a great job.

Bang on the nail!
And I would hazard a guess that is also the sentiment of 99.9999% of all true City fans.
He is a true legend of the club and he is indelibly woven into the fabric and history of our club.
Forza Mancini!

failed go through group stages of ucl 2 times, his tenure not success but underachievement for me. our champions league record improved since we sacked him. none of big european clubs wanted him and he failed to win turkish and russian leagues with best teams of respective countries with galata and zenith. sustaining global dominant vision with him was almost impossible because he and his fanbase has inferiority to ferguson and local mindset rather than global. also he damaged our image with signing thug type of players like tevez, balotelli, de jong and ec. thankfully we are now more elite and global club with ferran and txiki and signing nice players like jesus, sane, bernardo, stones not thugs. i now can better notice that he was/is very similar to mourinho and both of their lovers have inferiority complex and hatred to ferguson and pep respectively. both of them works with raiola as well. both of them and their fans insults and bullies their superior rivals as "baconface" or "bald fraud".

Good post.

failed go through group stages of ucl 2 times, his tenure not success but underachievement for me. our champions league record improved since we sacked him. none of big european clubs wanted him and he failed to win turkish and russian leagues with best teams of respective countries with galata and zenith. sustaining global dominant vision with him was almost impossible because he and his fanbase has inferiority to ferguson and local mindset rather than global. also he damaged our image with signing thug type of players like tevez, balotelli, de jong and ec. thankfully we are now more elite and global club with ferran and txiki and signing nice players like jesus, sane, bernardo, stones not thugs. i now can better notice that he was/is very similar to mourinho and both of their lovers have inferiority complex and hatred to ferguson and pep respectively. both of them works with raiola as well. both of them and their fans insults and bullies their superior rivals as "baconface" or "bald fraud".
Your understanding of football is, it would seem, on a par with your knowledge of English grammar.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.