World Cup - effect on City

John Oliver

In the foothills so far, with the pre tournament friendlies, and main points I noticed

Good game by Stones, should boost his confidence, and Raz did OK too. Looks like England are trying to mimic the City approach in some ways.

Outings for Jesus, Otamendi, the two Silvas and Sane, As far as I can see no injuries.

Think hosting the Argentina v Italy game might have some intangible benefits for City.

Any thoughts?

Thought Stones looked very good - a real contrast to the typical hoof it England. I thought a lot of England’s play mimicked City.

Well - if the winner comes from Germany, Spain, Brazil, Argentina or France, we should have at least two world champions in the squad and possible 4/5 playing in the final.
Stamps our status as a major force and can only help attract players.

On the England point, when you have a dominant team, it affects the way the national team plays. It was similar with Bayern Munich and Germany, although is lessened in England’s case by the fact our team is not overwhelmingly English.

Another good thing about the international break is that it gives the players a chance to relax away from the club pressures. It can only be good as well for players of other teams to hear how good things are at City. Thinking about Rojo with Argentina - must be sick seeing our setup in comparison with whatever they do at Carrington.

As a fan having so many internationals makes watching the World Cup more interesting. Will be rooting for Belgium in particular - imagine watching VK lifting the World Cup!

Hope our England lads do ok and are not hung out to dry when the inevitable happens.

I want England, and all the City players to have a good tournament.

However, the main issue will surface during the immediate post-elimination period, when the media search for a scapegoat, and the hatred spreads nationwide.

As a fan having so many internationals makes watching the World Cup more interesting. Will be rooting for Belgium in particular - imagine watching VK lifting the World Cup!

Hope our England lads do ok and are not hung out to dry when the inevitable happens.
History shows that they will get a press 'tatering. It will start even before the WC, in preparation. The targets will become clear soon enough, and you can bet your balls one of them will be Sterling and the other Stones.

I want England, and all the City players to have a good tournament.

However, the main issue will surface during the immediate post-elimination period, when the media search for a scapegoat, and the hatred spreads nationwide.

I dont think they will get too much grief this time. Several reasons.

Given all thats going on with Russia having the team even go there will be a bonus.
I think the draw we have makes it likely we will do better than most expect....a narrow loss to Germany or Brazil in the last 8 would placate the press and the fans. Clearly any further and they are going to come home heroes given little is expected of them anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.