Liverpool or United - Which fixture is more important?

MAG

One takes us through to the semi final of the CL and keeps hope of the third trophy alive ... other gets us to win the title against our arch rivals ...

One would shut up the whole media wankfest surrounding them and the tie ... (yes, imagine how much worse it would get and for how long it would go on should we get knocked out by that lot) ... other would perhaps give us a few new songs about winning the league against the raggy lot ...

I’m not going to ask that hypothetical question that if you could only win one of them two then which would you choose?

I would however ask ... which one is more important to you and according to you for the club? And based on that, how do you go about selecting the team for each of those next two fixtures? Nothing is guaranteed, we could choose full strength and loose at Anfield ... (and then have to do it all over again the harder way in the Home leg) ... and similarly, we could have a full strength side against that parked bus and not break them down over 90 and would still have to win the title in the next game or the game after that ...

I personally think the Liverpool game is far far more important than the derby at this stage of the season and where we stand ...

My reason is simple ... if we get knocked out in the QF of the CL by scousers ... one, we’d never hear the end of it, and second, the whole debate about if this is the best ever team in the PL would fall flat on its face ... I mean you could win the double but sill losing to Liverpool won’t be something that we’d ever hear the end of and would always be used against this argument (about us being the best ever).

Winning the title against the Scum would be nice ... but if we don’t (especially if we play kids against them) won’t be end of nothing as we’d still go on and win the title a game or two later ...

I think the result in wednesdays fixture would dictate what team Pep picks for the derby ... (and he pretty much said so in post match today) ... if we are in a comfortable enough position after the first leg, he’d go all out to try and win the title against the Scum ... but if we need a full strength team in the home leg next week, Pep won’t (and in my opinion shouldn’t) play the first team in the derby. Play kids there as we played pretty much full strength today, would play same/similar team on Wednesday ... and should we need a result in second leg, there is absolutely no need to tire the main team out in another high energy sapping game a few days before the second decisive leg of the QFs.

But then that’s just my opinion, I know a lot of others are already saying the rags game is far more important ... but tell me why? Other than bragging rights and a song to sing, gives us nothing ... that PL trophy is now in the bag anyway!

The shit, knowing we can win the title against this lot,every time we win the league it hurts the pisscan that little bit more,the noisey neighbours are back in town.

City is too damn good to have to prioritize any match. Both are equally important and we should expect to see them win both.

I guess my question should have been ... it’d be easy to pick a team for the derby and for the players to be well up for it if we win the first leg agaist Liverpool with more than 2 goal margin and have at least 2 away goals in the bag ... question is what do you do if we lose the first leg 1-0 or 2-1? (or even 3-2 or 4-3) as we know they’re more than capable of scoring at ours as well ...

As nice as it would be to win the league against our noisy neighbours , it wouldn’t be the end of the world if we didn’t.
Liverpool are our biggest rivals atm and i’d like to avenge the league defeat and progress in the champs league, so it’s a no brainier for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.