Kompany involved in consortium to buy Stockport County?

I moved to Failsworth in 2016 and would tell people I lived half way between Manchester and Oldham.

Not heard anything about this rumour apart from on here, so not sure if there's any truth to it. Can see why someone wanting to own a club might look at County though, as they should really be a League Two club with the fanbase they've got. Not owning the stadium has hit them hard though. The Brian Kennedy takeover royally screwed them up as a club.

RE: Stockport. It's always been my understanding that south Manchester types moved further south when that side of the city became geared up for students or a bit gentrified. Stockport being a leafier place to raise the children etc. I've heard Manc accents in Derbyshire etc.

No different to Cockneys in Milton Keynes or Peterborough.

True & true.
Stockport is in Cheshire, but pays rates to Manchester, which is the same for any village in Stockport, so Hazel Grove, High Lane, Cheadle Hulme, Bramhall etc pay rates to Manchester, whereas Disley & Poynton (plus anywhere else heading towards Macc from Poynton) pay their’s to East Cheshire Council. Postal address is Cheshire, Rates is Manchester.
Stockport is not in Cheshire. Its postal address is not Cheshire it is Stockport. The postcode is SK which gives a clue.

I lived in Cheadle Hulme which was SK8 and Cheshire has not been part of the postal address for 40 years or more.

Stockport is not in Cheshire. Its postal address is not Cheshire it is Stockport. The postcode is SK which gives a clue.

I lived in Cheadle Hulme which was SK8 and Cheshire has not been part of the postal address for 40 years or more.
Post codes count for nowt.
Aberystwyth in Wales has a SY post code for Shrewsbury in England.
Ashton has a OL post code for Oldham.
Rochdale has a OL post code for Oldham.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.