Nicolas Otamendi - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The old Otamendi is back. Time to see Stones and Laporte together.
Yes, Otamendi doesn't seem to respond well when under any sustained pressure which in most games we don't see with 70%+ possession. Sadly Vinny's injuries have taken their toll and he can no longer be considered an automatic starter so it looks as if we'll be back in the market for a CB, especially if Pep wants to use 3 at the back more widely next season.

He has played 43 games this season, and has played well in 90% of the games. He's in bad form, he's not a bad player

Love Nico, for me he has been the most improved player this season, but unfortunately he has a mistake in him, and when he makes these mistakes we are getting punished. Don’t know if it’s a coincidence but his form dipped after he signed his new contract.

He's had a great season imo, one of the players Pep has improved, but I worry he's turning into the new Richard Dunne, a good robust defender, but when he fucks up, it always leads to a goal....

I feel bad for Nico he's had a great season but the last three games there is a element of blame on him for all 8 goals conceded. He is out of position in nearly all of them and that has then put pressure on the players around him and they panic. Pep choosing to play him for 90 minutes in 3 hard games in a week is harsh and no wonder he made mistakes. The guy needs a break, Stones should play on Saturday alongside Laporte or Kompany with Walker and Delph making up a back four, give Otamendi a rest.

I just feel Otamendi is so error prone, even in his best spells this season, i never felt comfortable when people ran at him. The fact is no other side have REALLY tested our defence apart from Liverpool. He had 3 shockers against the same team. Then against Utd he just compounded the problem by needlessly being pulled out of position and showing his flaws. I just don't think he's good enough to be honest, he's not got a cool head, hes's been bailed out by other players numerous times this year (which have saved him from intense backlash). Nobody bailed him out this time and it seems as though people are waking up and smelling the coffee. He's irrational, makes daft errors and will always continue to. He should be a squad player and no more next season.

I just feel Otamendi is so error prone, even in his best spells this season, i never felt comfortable when people ran at him. The fact is no other side have REALLY tested our defence apart from Liverpool. He had 3 shockers against the same team. Then against Utd he just compounded the problem by needlessly being pulled out of position and showing his flaws. I just don't think he's good enough to be honest, he's not got a cool head, hes's been bailed out by other players numerous times this year (which have saved him from intense backlash). Nobody bailed him out this time and it seems as though people are waking up and smelling the coffee. He's irrational, makes daft errors and will always continue to. He should be a squad player and no more next season.

Totally disagree
He has been by far our best CB this season and has played most games for a reason. Stones is more error prone IMO and Vinnie is starting to look like he wont regain and maintain his imperious best. Its telling that the errors (both in attack and defence) are coming at the tail end of the season, when those being accused of now being not good enough have played most games to get us to the title winning position we are in.

I get we are all pissed off about losing the last three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.