Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said it before, that I've noticed a pattern during our games, as soon as we score the referee will change his game up and it will start to look like we're inviting the opposition into the game or that we are starting to struggle, when in fact its the referee who switches the games momentum by giving incorrect throw ins, corners, a lot of small freekicks against us etc.

He did this dossier for us in 2011/12 that negated an organised attempt to deprive us of the title and saw off the likes of Walton (allegedly). He apparently approached the club a while ago on the grounds that we were being sytematcially shafted and offering his services again. He was apparently rebuffed.

Surely this needs doing again.
It' been absolutely shocking the decisions over the last week and if you'e got the pockets why not fund someone to dig

VAR isn't the answer, as it is still about opinion. Plus, the on field referee has to ask for the VAR decision. As far as I know, there is no mechanism for the players to ask for a decision to be reffered.

At least one ex ref (can't remember who) said no pen for the challenge on Aguero, so we'd still be left p*ssing in to the wind for most decisions.

Think your missing the point. The issue isn't VAR, but the way in its current state its been implemented. the rugby way is the way it needs to go. Its blindingly obvious!! When decisions go to VAR they get 99% correct, according to a report on around 1000 games. If you ask 10 refs, you will always get the odd disagreement, but it will improve the current disgrace of a system, significantly... so the pissing in the wind comment for most decisions is pure hyperbole...

VAR now! That is all.

Just frustrating the only two major competitions not to implement until 2019/20 is the Premier League and Champions League.

Every other major league has already decided the time has come already.
Astonishing really that UEFA did a 180 when it comes to VAR especially since FIFA have integrated to the World Cup. How does the world’s biggest cup competition continue to be left behind?

Think it’s time to ditch the softly softly approach once and for all, and start calling it out publicly. Take whatever they throw at us, never seemed to do gpc, or peg for that matter any harm. If it was indeed just a few “unlucky” decisions, or just “incompetent” refereeing. Then surely the opposition, would suffer as a result too? However that never seems to be the case, it always seems to be us on the receiving end of these CONSISTANT howlers, and nothing ever comes of it. We’re fair game for everyone, and it just goes unchallenged, and will continue to do so, unless we really start kicking up a fuss. For me it’s nothing short of bent, and sooner or later the truth has to come out.

Think it’s time to ditch the softly softly approach once and for all, and start calling it out publicly. Take whatever they throw at us, never seemed to do gpc, or peg for that matter any harm. If it was indeed just a few “unlucky” decisions, or just “incompetent” refereeing. Then surely the opposition, would suffer as a result too? However that never seems to be the case, it always seems to be us on the receiving end of these CONSISTANT howlers, and nothing ever comes of it. We’re fair game for everyone, and it just goes unchallenged, and will continue to do so, unless we really start kicking up a fuss. For me it’s nothing short of bent, and sooner or later the truth has to come out.

Correct, needs highlighting every time it happens.

Agree with your sentiments 100%. If we use FIFA as an example, every man and his dog knew they were corrupt from the top, possibly for decades, yet if iirc nothing happened until that smug f***er Blatter drew Russia and Qatar out of the hat as World Cup venues and the Americans got pissed off and put their top boys onto it. Then the shit truly hit the fan! The big question is 'how can Gill and his cronies at UEFA be made accountable?'

I just can't begin to understand how anyone can be so naive as to think that we've simply been ''unlucky'' with ''poor decisions'' and ''inept refereeing''

Ask yourself this.... When the authorities tried to hobble City by 'legitimate' means with FFP and they failed, do you really think they were just going to meekly skulk away with their tail between their legs and give up on the whole idea of putting City in their place?
Good post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.