Pensioner arrested for murder

Sorry but there is a world of difference between getting a ball from a garden and someone attacking the ball retrievee with a spade presumably in daylight as in your presumption and two persons breaking into a house at night armed with a screwdriver and an elderly man defending himself and his wife and accidentally stabbing someone to death in the act of self defence. Its nothing to do with far right redundancies either so you would be better off stop trying to twist it into something it is clearly not. Its just common sense.

But it isn't just common sense when it comes to law in particular when someone is killed. He was defending himself I agree but at the same time but there is a fine line and I am certain that this will come up in the court case.

Read up on the case as no one was bludgeoned and a screw driver was not used by the pensioner. So far you’re not lending weight to your views on the subject by showing a total disregard for what actually happened.

But only 2 possibly 3 people really know what happened that day and 1 of them is now dead. All we are going off is what is being published in the media which is heavily on the pensioners side obviously.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Coghlan-walks-free-murder-charge-dropped.html
The fact that that would be illegal for fucks sake. Are you on the WUM or just clueless on this particular subject?

Using reasonable force against intruders
You can use reasonable force to protect yourself or others if a crime is taking place inside your home.

This means you can:

• protect yourself ‘in the heat of the moment’ - this includes using an object as a weapon
  • stop an intruder running off - eg tackle them to the ground
There’s no specific definition of ‘reasonable force’ - it depends on the circumstances. If you only did what you honestly thought was necessary at the time, this would provide strong evidence that you acted within the law. Read guidance from the Crown Prosecution Service.

And my question to you is what is reasonable force? Apart from the stab wounds was there any further injuries sustained? The assumption is that this was just an unlucky strike for the burglar that he got stabbed in the wrong place.

The moral case is clear the legal is not so clear. But a few years back and not exact same circumstances but do you remember this case

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Coghlan-walks-free-murder-charge-dropped.html

Just putting it out there that there could be more to this than meets the eye?

Last edited:
But it isn't just common sense when it comes to law in particular when someone is killed. He was defending himself I agree but at the same time but there is a fine line and I am certain that this will come up in the court case.

The law have already come down on the side of the pensioner saying he will face no charges relating to this incident. Two pikeys break into his house with intent to rob armed with at least one screwdriver. The homeowner confronts them and in the struggle one of the robbers is fatally stabbed with his own screwdriver. it wasn't premeditated. He was just defending his property and his disabled Wife.

The law is on his side. I would imagine that when they arrested the pensioner he went over and over what happened. Then they released him. That is reasonable force.

I would also imagine that Tony Martin who shot at and killed one of the two burglars trying to break in a few years ago crossed over the line and was subsequently jailed especially as one of them died from gunshot wounds whilst trying to get away.

But only 2 possibly 3 people really know what happened that day and 1 of them is now dead. All we are going off is what is being published in the media which is heavily on the pensioners side obviously.
In the vast majority of arrests on suspicion of murder, only 2 or 3 people know what took place and 1 is dead. We judge on the evidence available, the motive, the means and the circumstance.

What court case? He's not been charged and isn't going to be.

The law have already come down on the side of the pensioner saying he will face no charges relating to this incident. Two pikeys break into his house with intent to rob armed with at least one screwdriver. The homeowner confronts them and in the struggle one of the robbers is fatally stabbed with his own screwdriver. it wasn't premeditated. He was just defending his property and his disabled Wife.

The law is on his side. I would imagine that when they arrested the pensioner he went over and over what happened. Then they released him. That is reasonable force.

I would also imagine that Tony Martin who shot at and killed one of the two burglars trying to break in a few years ago crossed over the line and was subsequently jailed especially as one of them died from gunshot wounds whilst trying to get away.

You are right the law is on his side but that doesn't mean that this may be challenged?
What court case? He's not been charged and isn't going to be.

At present he isn't but until the inquest has been finalised into the cause of death then that can't be ruled out? If the pathologic finds something that brings into question the pensioners story of the events then ?

If you break into someone's house and get hurt or worse, its absolutely what you deserve.

I understand the family of the criminal being sad at his death, but imagine the bare faced cheek of setting up a shrine outside a place where your relative was killed for trying to break in.

If you break into someone's house and get hurt or worse, its absolutely what you deserve.

I understand the family of the criminal being sad at his death, but imagine the bare faced cheek of setting up a shrine outside a place where your relative was killed for trying to break in.

That's it in a nut shell. If someone broke in my house I would do the same.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.