Juventus accuse UEFA of anti-Italy agenda

Then argue for VAR. Because too many are happy to spout what you are saying and still don’t want VAR

I am wholly a proponent of VAR. I am sick to death of being cheated, knowingly or unknowingly by a string of refs who, on performance, shouldn't be reffing above the U9 age range. What I am concerned about is the way the people who sneered and denigrated what has happened at MCFC over the last ten seasons would employ the system. It seems pretty obvious where it would improve the game, but I am far too cynical to think that it would be the transparent vehicle to bring about results that reflect the action on the pitch. The first aspect, before it is decided where and when VAR would be used, would be to make it clear that those inside the stadium would have the same advantage that the armchair fans have had for seasons. We need to see, with all the visual aspects that TV and computers can deliver, how the incident looks in slow motion. If PiGMOl, the FArce and the PL arrive at a system that can deliver a verdict of 'inconclusive' without the crowd seeing it, I will continue to smell a rat. And there is the vexed question of who decides when VAR should be employed. It needs to be written into the LotG so that we know when it will be used, when refs have to employ it, and we don't get the situation of the likes of Taylor, Mason, Madeley, or Atkinson favouring one side over the other by the intimidatory use or misuse of the system.

Rooney did what Buffon did last night on a regular basis and always got away with it.

Even though it probably was a pen, Oliver would NEVER have given us a penalty for that offence. Never in a billion years. Indeed if refs gave us penalties like that we'd already be on 120 goals.

Dodgy decision given against Juventus - world stops

Repeated dodgy decisions given against City - move on, nothing to see here

Agree that it was a pen right decision but refs need to be transparent and give that kind of penalty to everybody in any game not like giving it to Madrid when they need it but not give it to Juventus when they need it.

They make so many inconsistent stuff its madness.

I am happy Juventus chairman so vocal about getting VAR and this level of refereeing killing every game on purpose or just the quantity of mistakes and inconsistent decisions has to stop.

Wish Txiki, Soriano or Khaldoon would have something to say about this too. Pep asked for meetings with Mike Riley who probably laughed him off after meeting.

There is favouritism in UEFA and it's match officials reflect that, it's probably about how much cash each team going through could generate for their coffers.

As others have said it's not that the decision was wrong it's because everybody knows(which is damning of UEFA) that a tight call especially when it really matters(when it has the potential to change a tie) will not be given against a favoured club. A last minute Penalty against a Real, Barca, Bayern side that decides the tie? No chance unless it's a leg breaker and even then they might not give it.

We saw that numerous times against Liverpool, the tight calls all over the pitch, obviously there's the big game changing calls when it matters like Salah offside, Sane onside, Sterling fouled-the player handles it all in the penalty area but not one official saw it? Game changers.

More than that though I noticed niggly fouls they were doing on us in that first half for example barging our players to the deck from behind to win the ball back and keep their momentum going were all being waved on, with our players giving the ref a look of "what the f***?" In the second half he couldn't stop blowing his whistle when our players were just outmuscling them shoulder to shoulder, they would hit the deck looking assured that the ref would blow his whistle, affecting any momentum as soon as it started to build(which we struggled to do from the minute they went 2-0 up). It's subtle but a ref can influence a games momentum which can influence a result we had both that and the tight game changing calls in the first leg going against us, meaning we'd have to have been exceptional to get through against those odds.

Some call that "game management", "buying a freekick", "taking the pressure off for his team" and so on but it can't be called any of that... what it should be called the way it pans out in many of the crunch ties is "using the ref to your advantage" and when only one team is allowed to do it, it can become quite the advantage indeed.

Last edited:
Even though it probably was a pen, Oliver would NEVER have given us a penalty for that offence. Never in a billion years. Indeed if refs gave us penalties like that we'd already be on 120 goals.

And were we to get a pen in the dying minutes of a game it would be the clearest indication that we are already winning by half a dozen goals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.