VAR (PL introduction 2019)

This is true , we’d just a faceless person fucking us over instead. The Sane goal wasn’t difficult , it took me 1 second to see it wasn’t offside , the same for the assault on Sergio, it’s bent & they’ll find a way to cheat us . If Liverpool draw R Madrid they’ll be on the end of a few shit decisions for a change .

No it's not true. Name one example during the trial where they have shafted us despite clear evidence to the contrary. It's hyperbole in the extreme. I can name you 30 instances from this season where VAR wasn't used and they gave the wrong decision against us inexplicably.

Now I would concede there must be some controls around VAR. you are correct in saying the same people who shaft us now will be in charge of it and that is a worry, if left without certain controls. Showing the incident on screens to the match going public would sort this out in the main. If they went against the bleeding obvious just once, it would show them up for what lots of us think they are and they would hang themselves. This would be a good thing for me. However, I suspect even the Refs are not that daft and in 99% of cases the correct decision would be made. A vast improvement over the current disgraceful situation.

Let's take the sane disallowed goal for example. On first viewing, I said to my pal who did that come back off. From where I was a long way away, I wasn't sure. Probably like most of us. But I was asking the question. On seeing the replay later it clearly hit Milner and sane's goal should have stood. It would be very hard to go against the clear evidence shown on a screen to everyone at the match. They would cause a riot. VAR will keep them in check, much more than they are now!

It will never be 100% perfect, however it will significantly reduce the opportunity for the officials, making blatant wrong calls, to change the results of matches like we've seen against us in the last 10 days.... how any blue having seen what they've seen this season and more specifically over the last 10 days, would not want to give VAR a shot at improving things is beyond me....

Last edited:
No it's not true. Name one example during the trial where they have shafted us despite clear evidence to the contrary. It's hyperbole in the extreme. I can name you 30 instances from this season where VAR wasn't used and they gave the wrong decision against us inexplicably.

Now I would concede there must be some controls around VAR. you are correct in saying the same people who shaft us now will be in control of it and that is a worry, if left without certain controls. Showing the incident on screens to the match going public would sort this out in the main. If they went against the bleeding obvious just once, it would show them up for what lots of us think they are and they would hang themselves. This would be a good thing for me. However, I suspect the Refs are not that daft and in 99% of cases the correct decision would be made. A vast improvement over the current disgraceful situation.

Let's take the sane disallowed goal for example. On first viewing, I said to my pal who did that come back off. From where I was a long way away, I wasn't sure. Probably like most of us. But I was asking the question. On seeing the replay later it clearly hit Milner and sane's goal should have stood. It would be very hard to go against the clear evidence shown on a screen to everyone at the match. They would cause a riot. VAR will keep them in check, much more than they are now!
I want it to work I really do but without ruining the game, this will be the main thing , you’d think it would be easy , bloke with a screen looks at it , speaks to the ref & tells him the decision ......who’s that bloke going to be ? How long will it take ? Will it ruin the excitement we all feel when we score ? These are the issues , if it works smoothly & is fair it’s the only 5hing that will bring me back to the game .

I will be mad if clubs vote about VAR and City will vote against it.

Pep asked multipe meetings with Riley over crucial referee mistakes against us surely we have to vote for VAR to come in sooner than possible. If it helps to cut out only half of big mistakes in the game thats already something it doesnt have to be 100% perfect. A 50% improvement in anything is huge.

Now I would concede there must be some controls around VAR. you are correct in saying the same people who shaft us now will be in control of it and that is a worry, if left without certain controls. Showing the incident on screens to the match going public would sort this out in the main. If they went against the bleeding obvious just once, it would show them up for what lots of us think they are and they would hang themselves. This would be a good thing for me. However, I suspect the Refs are not that daft and in 99% of cases the correct decision would be made. A vast improvement over the current disgraceful situation.

I cannot see the PL, the FArce or PiGMOL ever countenancing showing the results on the big screen. If they do, then they won't be able to influence the decision, and influencing the decision is what some teams have long benefited from!

If they don't show it on the big screen then we know what they are unto!

Mind I wouldn't put it past them to 'massage' the video footage to show players who were offside miraculously onside, and vice versa. BT did it a couple of seasons back when Haringey had an offside goal and they 'moved' Zabba two yards nearer his goal line so that the Haringey Hotspurs were all onside. I kid you not!

I will be mad if clubs vote about VAR and City will vote against it.

Pep asked multipe meetings with Riley over crucial referee mistakes against us surely we have to vote for VAR to come in sooner than possible. If it helps to cut out only half of big mistakes in the game thats already something it doesnt have to be 100% perfect. A 50% improvement in anything is huge.

I would suggest that 50% of referees' mistakes are not 'honest' mistakes! Nor are there judgements 'honest' ones!

I want it to work I really do but without ruining the game, this will be the main thing , you’d think it would be easy , bloke with a screen looks at it , speaks to the ref & tells him the decision ......who’s that bloke going to be ? How long will it take ? Will it ruin the excitement we all feel when we score ? These are the issues , if it works smoothly & is fair it’s the only 5hing that will bring me back to the game .

The current debacle has ruined the game for many already. The rugby/cricket model is the way forward. It's blindingly obvious, gets 99% of decisions right and doesn't delay the game too much. the bloke reviewing will be a ref obviously, on average the time lost to VAR in the IFAB's study on nearly 1000 VAR games was 55 seconds per match. A fraction compared to the time lost for each of Subs, corners, throw ins, goal celebrations, goal kicks etc. But got 99% of decisions correct.

As for ruining excitement, I celebrated when both Bernardo scored at Cardiff, Jesus at Anfield and sane the other night, which was then ruined by officials disallowing them incorrectly. So my main concern is getting correct decisions for a change.

What do you mean by your last sentence? Have you grown disillusioned with the game in its current state? If so I'm the same, VAR is the last and only chance I see of making things fairer all round. If the current disgraceful levels of corruption continue, I'll be done with the game in the next few years...

FYI, article here on VAR which is worth a read.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...tatistics-behind-worldwide-use-show-positives

I cannot see the PL, the FArce or PiGMOL ever countenancing showing the results on the big screen. If they do, then they won't be able to influence the decision, and influencing the decision is what some teams have long benefited from!

If they don't show it on the big screen then we know what they are unto!

Mind I wouldn't put it past them to 'massage' the video footage to show players who were offside miraculously onside, and vice versa. BT did it a couple of seasons back when Haringey had an offside goal and they 'moved' Zabba two yards nearer his goal line so that the Haringey Hotspurs were all onside. I kid you not!

I agree with all of that. I can't see any of those organisations wanting it on screens, however I don't think long term they can avoid it. The match going public will demand to know what's going on. Also, I think other countries will go that way, the PL will have no choice to follow, although probably a few years later...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.