Defensive Midfield Targets/Options

Live near wolvo these days. Dingles reckon Neves will need to play a season in prem and then be off for biggish tfr money. No doubt the lad is talented, a good showing next season would see his value soar - and Mendes as agent will look to maximise this so will probably not be touting him about this summer.

No he wasn't. Bender, later Weigl were DMs. Gundogan performed as a deep-lying 8 bringing the ball forward, like Xavi.

And was one of the best. That version of Gundogan you could imagine playing def mid in a decent number of games though, but this version is not the same player unfortunately.

He plays like a veteran now.

well, ruben neves used to play for my local team FC Porto so i know his game quite well, and although he had a great evolution this past year i doubt he is ready for prime time. He isnt great at protecting the backline by himself, i see him more as a double pivot kinda guy, hes a bit slow and not really used to play with short passes.

Time is on his side but i dont know if he will ever be capable to play the dm position in a guardiola team.

edit: the best comparasion for him would be like xabi alonso, although his body is not as a strong as it needs to be. for now at least

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.