Aguero injured

Why would we be looking for a striker to sit behind them two?

Because that was the conversation people were having but are you saying you want our 199 goal record goal scorer replaced or dropped down the pecking order ?

Good luck with that one.

Because that was the conversation people were having but are you saying you want our 199 goal record goal scorer replaced or dropped down the pecking order ?

Good luck with that one.
Good point mate. So, what we need to be looking for is a striker that's good but not as good as Jesus or Aguero?
You see, I was thinking we might just go out to look for the best that we can find in order to improve but a 3rd choice striker to sit on the bench is obviously the way forward.

Good point mate. So, what we need to be looking for is a striker that's good but not as good as Jesus or Aguero?
You see, I was thinking we might just go out to look for the best that we can find in order to improve but a 3rd choice striker to sit on the bench is obviously the way forward.

Great stuff we will go and sign Messi just like we have done every year for the last 5 or more seasons.

You see the question was put forward about needing a third striker, so the conversation ensued along the lines of keeping our current 1 and 2 in place and getting a third in to cover for times like when they are injured.

But of course you are right, we need to spend big every year to buy better players and kick into touch or relegate yesteryear's old hero's, no loyalty required and especially not in a hypothetical forum questions about needing 3 strikers at the club.

So yes we need to find a striker that would be happy to possibly only play a third of the season, split 3 ways with our other two extremely good strikers, one of those with huge potential to be one of the worlds best players, if he is given enough game time to improve of course.

Do you have a name in mind for this role ?

Great stuff we will go and sign Messi just like we have done every year for the last 5 or more seasons.

You see the question was put forward about needing a third striker, so the conversation ensued along the lines of keeping our current 1 and 2 in place and getting a third in to cover for times like when they are injured.

But of course you are right, we need to spend big every year to buy better players and kick into touch or relegate yesteryear's old hero's, no loyalty required and especially not in a hypothetical forum questions about needing 3 strikers at the club.

So yes we need to find a striker that would be happy to possibly only play a third of the season, split 3 ways with our other two extremely good strikers, one of those with huge potential to be one of the worlds best players, if he is given enough game time to improve of course.

Do you have a name in mind for this role ?
I think it used to be called a "Reserve"

people keep saying we need this player or that player as back up or come on from the bench which is total poppycock ,what we need are players that are going to challenge the players we already have ,so I'm sure we will be looking for a striker that will try to oust Sergio or jesus then it is up to them to respond,nobodies place should be nailed on and I'm talking about our top players as well.

We should just tell Sane to shoot more.

He's passing most of the time to others who are often knocking it around then giving it back to him, in a worst position than when he first passed it.

He can do exactly what Salah does if we encourage him to.

Edit: and kick it with more than one foot.

No, no.no we have to buy better than what we have (jayfx has converted me), and don't you even think about promoting a youth to fill in the gap, Bernardo Silva can play the free role up front to great effect.
No, no Alf, you converted me. I agreed with you that we should buy worse than we already have. That way, there's no competion and current players can have their places nailed on.

No, no Alf, you converted me. I agreed with you that we should buy worse than we already have. That way, there's no competion and current players can have their places nailed on.

Now if only that was the conversation I replied too in the first place, still how much competition do you want or need for 1 striker and again try and keep up with the thought that all "three" will want to be the main man and play the most games because "ego" regardless if we buy a striker better than Aguero and Jesus, so same problem but now you will have Aguero sulking or Jesus crying instead of a third striker option.

Still it is always better to be the smart guy from the off and not take any of the previous conversation into account before launching in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.