Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see this morning its come out that following the raid on Cohen the FBI have recordings of him speaking to the lawyer representing Stormy Daniels and A N Other about the pay offs. What makes it interesting is that whilst there is client/attorney confidentiality this wouldn't come under that as its not between the attorney and client - lawyer to lawyer conversations about everyone and everything are fair game according to the guy in the news. Furthermore when Trumps team tried to get anything found as a result of the raid inadmissible because of numerous cases of confidentiality the judge asked them what clients privileges are being breached they could't actually come up with anybody.

Oh and Cohen also facilitated a payment of $1.6m to a former Playboy Playmate that another senior GOP fundraiser had made pregnant. Seems Cohen was a "fixer" for Trump and Senior Republicans and there's a suggestion that money came from campaign funds ! Cohen is ok though - Trump rang him yesterday - probably just to let him know Donald has his back and to remind him to keep shctum.

Last edited:
I see this morning its come out that following the raid on Cohen the FBI have recordings of him speaking to the lawyer representing Stormy Daniels and A N Other about the pay offs. What makes it interesting is that whilst there is client/attorney confidentiality this wouldn't come under that as its not between the attorney and client - lawyer to lawyer conversations about everyone and everything are fair game according to the guy in the news. Furthermore when Trumps team tried to get anything found as a result of the raid inadmissible because of numerous cases of confidentiality the judge asked them what clients privileges are being breached they could't actually come up with anybody.

Oh and Cohen also facilitated a payment of $1.6bn to a former Playboy Playmate that another senior GOP fundraiser had made pregnant. Seems Cohen was a "fixer" for Trump and Senior Republicans and there's a suggestion that money came from campaign funds ! Cohen is ok though - Trump rang him yesterday - probably just to let him know Donald has his back and to remind him to keep shctum.
$1.6bn?
I hope he enjoyed it

Nope. He’s much more credible than Trump
That's not exactly the biggest achievement though is it? I'm not saying he makes him self less credible than the worlds least credible man, but to release a book trying to profit off all this and angling for a TV gig definitely hurts his credibility. I entirely believe him, but by trying to profit off it you give your critics the stick to beat you with

That's not exactly the biggest achievement though is it? I'm not saying he makes him self less credible than the worlds least credible man, but to release a book trying to profit off all this and angling for a TV gig definitely hurts his credibility. I entirely believe him, but by trying to profit off it you give your critics the stick to beat you with
Why shouldn’t he profit from it? He’s been sacked and presumably had his pension fucked in the process by the orange turd. He’s got every right to make some money at the expense of Shitgibbon’s non-existent reputation.

Why shouldn’t he profit from it? He’s been sacked and presumably had his pension fucked in the process by the orange turd. He’s got every right to make some money at the expense of Shitgibbon’s non-existent reputation.
Well there is nothing stopping you, but at the same time you have to realise that you harm your credibility by doing so. As soon as you aim to financially profit from your story, you give your enemies all the ammunition they need to discredit you by saying that's your motive. Person lies for money is not a hard sell, especially when the loons who want to believe Trump would buy just about anything.

The timing as well is very dubious and opportunistic, I'm kind of amazed he's allowed to release this while the investigation is ongoing?

Firing him probably prevents any limitation on his action. This book just gives his side of what has been said about him really, and most people are allowed to defend themselves against perceived lies.

I see Trumpy is claiming that McCabe and Comey are the same, when the DoJ report says McCabe lied to Comey and Comey was very careful to stick to the rules. Combining the two is either the sign of someone who doesn't care about truth, listens to Fox too much or is just a complete bellend.

Well there is nothing stopping you, but at the same time you have to realise that you harm your credibility by doing so. As soon as you aim to financially profit from your story, you give your enemies all the ammunition they need to discredit you by saying that's your motive. Person lies for money is not a hard sell, especially when the loons who want to believe Trump would buy just about anything.

The timing as well is very dubious and opportunistic, I'm kind of amazed he's allowed to release this while the investigation is ongoing?

All that should mater to anybody is if he us telling the truth or not. But, you seem to think the truth takes a secondary position because he will make money. How fucked up and Trumpian is that? Of course his lackeys will try to tarnish the guy, for the simple reason they know their lying **** guy is up to his neck in slime.

How anybody could believe a pathological liar is beyond me.

All that should mater to anybody is if he us telling the truth or not. But, you seem to think the truth takes a secondary position because he will make money. How fucked up and Trumpian is that? Of course his lackeys will try to tarnish the guy, for the simple reason they know their lying **** guy is up to his neck in slime.

How anybody could believe a pathological liar is beyond me.
Hi mate, welcome to the real world, it sucks here. "all that should matter" is unfortunately irrelevant here, unlike in your idealistic society you've imagined. If we were living in your ideal world, none of this would matter as no one would have allowed a pathological liar to bullshit his way into the position in the first place.

Trump is on trial here and his lawyers (and the right wing media) are going to defend him by attacking his accusers credibility, that's just what always happens. All they need to do is create doubt that he is 100% credible and Comey has made their jobs a hell of a lot easier by giving them this ammunition.

The loons who want to believe Trump will believe Trump irrespective of what anyone says.

You may have a point about the timing of the book, as it may prejudice some aspects of the investigation. Trump’s lawyers will certainly use it to his advantage in any impeachment hearings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.