The Mini Derby - EDS V United / united v City U18's link P8

Apart from the scores I don’t really follow the youth teams, I’d like to ask a question aimed at someone that does.

The scum have beat us today at both under 16s and under 18s, I thought we were supposed to be miles ahead of them at youth level, my question is, have we stagnated or gone backwards or have the scum improved or is it a fluky season ? Cheers

Apart from the scores I don’t really follow the youth teams, I’d like to ask a question aimed at someone that does.

The scum have beat us today at both under 16s and under 18s, I thought we were supposed to be miles ahead of them at youth level, my question is, have we stagnated or gone backwards or have the scum improved or is it a fluky season ? Cheers

Scum have improved and for me are better. They defend as a teams and the difference I’ve seen this season is when they get the ball they keep it just as good as us but with a much better end product.

Would not worry about the 16s. For a variety of reasons the team and bench was made up of completely u15s and u14s.

To add to that we played without a striker (both injured). Our most creative midfielder played up front. Additionally 2 other first choice u15 midfields are out injured.

Even then score line doesn’t tell the story of the game. We were the better footballing team, controlled much of it and bar some poor finishing, and a deflected goals (the last goal was last kick of the game) we would have at least draw the game. With a fit striker our 15s would have beaten their 16s.

Nothing to worry about just unfortunate timing .

Would not worry about the 16s. For a variety of reasons the team and bench was made up of completely u15s and u14s.

To add to that we played without a striker (both injured). Our most creative midfielder played up front. Additionally 2 other first choice u15 midfields are out injured.

Even then score line doesn’t tell the story of the game. We were the better footballing team, controlled much of it and bar some poor finishing, and a deflected goals (the last goal was last kick of the game) we would have at least draw the game. With a fit striker our 15s would have beaten their 16s.

Nothing to worry about just unfortunate timing .

Comfortably beat the twice @15s this season BTW.

A lot of City’s teams are full of players a year and sometimes 2 years younger than the age group....
A decision to change philosophy was made due to the academy teams having a 90% win percentage across the board and it was felt this didn’t help development and this is why the EDS , 18s and 16s have had very up and down results this term

A lot of City’s teams are full of players a year and sometimes 2 years younger than the age group....
A decision to change philosophy was made due to the academy teams having a 90% win percentage across the board and it was felt this didn’t help development and this is why the EDS , 18s and 16s have had very up and down results this term

16s havent. They have won nearly every game . I fact that team only has around 5 16s in it . The rest are 15s.

Just watched the 16s game back from this morning . Goal we had disallowed for offside @1-2—- guess what !!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.