It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mail on Sunday linking us with Thiago? Doubt it but amazing if true.
Who does he replace? We will get a DM that replaces Yaya, so who will Thiago replace? He's an exceptional player and I would love him here

How’s Mullock been regarding City rumours recently? Linking us to De Ligt and Mbappe

He’s a City fan and does have sources st the club. These are clearly Pep type signings - young, tonnes of potential, top draw.

De Ligt, Thiago and Mbappe would be one of the best summer's ever. I'd still want another DM as I'd see Thiago as more of a Silva replacement, but the strength and depth we'd have would be incredible.

Fernandinho has been covering the defence whilst others haven't.

You would miss most of it because your tv doesn't show it.

And anyone who uses the term 'strawman' is a yuppie ****.
Could it be that anyone who uses the word 'yuppie' is a strawman?

:P

De Ligt, Thiago and Mbappe would be one of the best summer's ever. I'd still want another DM as I'd see Thiago as more of a Silva replacement, but the strength and depth we'd have would be incredible.

Not sure if we'd have the funds for these transfers. Assuming Mbappe doesn't end up at PSG, then presumably he goes for 100m. Then Thiago 60-70m, De Ligt 30-40m, and a DM is most certainly coming so that's another ~50m.

That's roughly 250m. Who gets sold?

I am curious to see whether clubs are still going to demand ridiculous Dembele/Coutinho/Neymar/Mbappe money again this summer. Last summer PSG injected Barca with 220m so it kinda made sense that everyone was overcharging Barca in turn for getting Dembele and Coutinho.

Not sure if same prices can be demanded of the market this summer again?

Don't know if we need another CB, but De Ligt is one hell of a talent. Only 18 and has been an Ajax regular since he was 17. But for 50m we could maybe get Koulibaly and that would be a better deal. Don't know about Alcantara tbh. He's great, but we could rather play Bernardo more centrally and buy another winger. Mbappe would be my ultimate dream signing. If we're looking to buy him, would we pay more or less than the 165m reported?

I can’t see us going for a central defender unless one leaves.

Laporte would have been a summer signing, but I think the opportunity of paying his buyout clause in January and have him adapt for 6 months knowing how hard it can be for defender coming in from abroad to adapt, it was shrewd business I feel.

Mbappe is an interesting one now PSG look set to be investigated for their business last summer.

If found guilty they will inevitable lose one of them most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.