City's best-ever penalty taker? (any era)

i saw Ken Barnes score a hat trick against Blackpool who had the Scotland goalkeeper at the time I think his name farmer

Had anyone said fowler.? Especially if its a really important one, perhaps is its against Middleborough and he has a good record of scoring pens with us *facepalm*

Lee probably wins on the number scored. But did he ever miss?

James Lawton's 'Forever Boys' records Lee missing a penalty in a 2-1 defeat for City at home to Coventry in March 1973. The match was Joe Mercer's return to Maine Road after leaving the previous summer.

Fairy sure that I also read about him missing one other, in a goalless draw at Maine Road in the late sixties. IIRC, we were on a bad run at the time and the miss prevented us from claiming a much-needed win.

There may be one or two others I don't know of. However, I doubt there are many. Dennis Tueart, on the other hand, missed quite a few over his two spells with the club.

Ballotelli was cool as a cucumber but YaYa was the one for me. I never doubted it hitting the back of the onion bag

Nor me.

I loved the way Mario took penalties for us, and of course, he never missed one in for City, but Yaya is the most reliable player I have seen in a Blue shirt.

At Wembley in '16, after Big Willy had saved those three spot kicks from the Scousers, and I saw Yaya walking up to take his, I was as certain as I could be that the League Cup was on its way back to Manchester.

James Lawton's 'Forever Boys' records Lee missing a penalty in a 2-1 defeat for City at home to Coventry in March 1973. The match was Joe Mercer's return to Maine Road after leaving the previous summer.

Fairy sure that I also read about him missing one other, in a goalless draw at Maine Road in the late sixties. IIRC, we were on a bad run at the time and the miss prevented us from claiming a much-needed win.

There may be one or two others I don't know of. However, I doubt there are many. Dennis Tueart, on the other hand, missed quite a few over his two spells with the club.
Cheers for that.
A time when stats were out really collected.
He probably should be near the top of the list as he must have taken 40+

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.