The Times: “The inside story of how City won the Premier League”

Couple of interesting charts in there, particularly given the discussions about Sterling following last weeks game, and whether he can play up front. City’s shot conversion rate is 16%, which is up from 12% last season. Sterling’s is 23%, which is up from 11% last season. Makes you think we’re a bit harsh on the lad sometimes.
His finishing has generally been much improved this season. He has gone off the boil in the last couple of weeks in front of goal and as is usually the case in football lots of people only tend to remember the immediate past. Plus as is ALWAYS the case with Raheem, if he puts away chances many people aren't interested, as soon as he misses one then he's over-rated/absolutely shit. It's still a hangover from liverpool behaving like ****s and doing a job on him in the media basically.

His finishing has generally been much improved this season. He has gone off the boil in the last couple of weeks in front of goal and as is usually the case in football lots of people only tend to remember the immediate past. Plus as is ALWAYS the case with Raheem, if he puts away chances many people aren't interested, as soon as he misses one then he's over-rated/absolutely shit. It's still a hangover from liverpool behaving like ****s and doing a job on him in the media basically.

Raheem IS still work in progress. Nothing to do with the Media's treatment. If you can't admit he often chooses the wrong pass, executes badly and sometimes panics in front of goal, you are wearing blue tinted glasses. Nothing wrong with that either. But let's hope he can improve on those weak points while retaining the amazing pace, movement and natural talent.

Raheem IS still work in progress. Nothing to do with the Media's treatment. If you can't admit he often chooses the wrong pass, executes badly and sometimes panics in front of goal, you are wearing blue tinted glasses. Nothing wrong with that either. But let's hope he can improve on those weak points while retaining the amazing pace, movement and natural talent.
Of course he chooses wrong passes and misses sitters, I don't think I for one minute suggested he didn't. My point is that when Sterling does any of these things the reaction is well over the top IE. The Light was yellow said maybe people are too harsh in their criticism and I was agreeing and saying why I think he gets overly harsh criticism and certainly wasn't saying that Sterling is perfect. Just as an example, I have a friend who is a big Chester fan, he has no interest in City at all. When we are on TV, I get texts from him every time Sterling misses a good chance saying how shit Sterling is and there is a palpable sense of joy about it. I don't get texts from him whenever any other of our players miss chances. It doesn't take much of a look on social media to see that this kind of reaction to anything Sterling does wrong is pretty much the norm across the country. I do believe this is all thanks to Liverpool and the media.

Last edited:
it is mate. in 'the game', their footy pull out. just nicked our work's copy for a dinnertime read in the sunsheeeyine.
Looked at both versions the online one is the more comprehensive one with all the charts.

Interesting to read why De Bruyne has become our most important player and one of the best in the world.

Great read the only point that did worry me is that Pep may only sign a 12 month extension :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.