It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have 4 CBs si reliability is well covered.

Delph will have his niggles, as long as Mendy stays healthy the other half of the time. Both situations are fine. Besides we have deep cover in Zee and Danilo.

SMS to Replace Yaya, and Zaha added and we'll be ready to go.
It's not so much Delph's niggles the main issue is without Mendy it's restricted our options especially the 3 at the back option but overlapping Sane too so a more like for like Mendy option would be useful. Angelino ?

I know we probably do the same on here, but this thread is insane.

"For me the best summer signing we could make. A 12 year attacking midfielder. Pulled the strings for Espanyol Alevín A (U12) this season"

"A new Messi in the making"

Responding to another poster saying he'd love for David Silva to be on Barca:
why? David Silva is not good enough.

Hoping he doesn't grow too tall:
Just look at players like Xavi, Iniesta, Thiago, Modric, Veratti, Seri, Cazorla, David Silva, Bernardo Silva, Coutinho, Isco. They are all short players. Imagine players like Rakitic and Gomes controlling the game? Loool, impossible because they are too tall with their long legs

When they actually get around to discussing the player it seems he's a really talented kid though

we have got to look at a stellar singing for next season either being a midfielder or winger but I'd be buzzing if we got either greizman or Kane

I really feel kane would look out of place with the way we play,theres something about him I don't rate.

I know what you mean with regards to him not being the archetypal Pep striker but I just get the impression he would be like Lewandowski at Bayern. Doesn't seem to fit the system, but somehow it just clicks and he would score a disgusting amount of goals.

If we play 3-5-2 more often then I don't think we need to make anymore buys, maybe like 1 or 2 max.

Forwards: We would have Sane, Sterling, Aguero and Jesus. Even if Aguero is phased out that leaves 3 for 2 spots. I think this is better anyways because Sane and Sterling both thrive when they are more central. Bernardo can play up here as well.

Midfield: 2x Silvas, Kevin, Gundogan and Dinho is probably good cover for the midfield 3, maybe another defensive midfielder to phase out Fernandinho (Fabinho please), and that's it.

Defense: Mendy and Delph LWB, Maffeo and Danilo RWB. Back 3 of: Kompany, Otamendi, Stones, Laporte, and Walker. Walker can also play RWB.

Walker's versatility to play RCB and RWB means I don't think another CB needs to be bought. I think Delph can do the business as a LWB, we've never seen him try to go wide and cross, I think he can add that weapon to his game.

So at most I see a defensive midfielder needing to be bought and that's it. Foden and Diaz as backups should be seen as an option as well.

I know what you mean with regards to him not being the archetypal Pep striker but I just get the impression he would be like Lewandowski at Bayern. Doesn't seem to fit the system, but somehow it just clicks and he would score a disgusting amount of goals.

Kane would be lethal in our team with the amount of chances we create.

If we play 3-5-2 more often then I don't think we need to make anymore buys, maybe like 1 or 2 max.

Forwards: We would have Sane, Sterling, Aguero and Jesus. Even if Aguero is phased out that leaves 3 for 2 spots. I think this is better anyways because Sane and Sterling both thrive when they are more central. Bernardo can play up here as well.

Midfield: 2x Silvas, Kevin, Gundogan and Dinho is probably good cover for the midfield 3, maybe another defensive midfielder to phase out Fernandinho (Fabinho please), and that's it.

Defense: Mendy and Delph LWB, Maffeo and Danilo RWB. Back 3 of: Kompany, Otamendi, Stones, Laporte, and Walker. Walker can also play RWB.

Walker's versatility to play RCB and RWB means I don't think another CB needs to be bought. I think Delph can do the business as a LWB, we've never seen him try to go wide and cross, I think he can add that weapon to his game.

So at most I see a defensive midfielder needing to be bought and that's it. Foden and Diaz as backups should be seen as an option as well.

That would be all very well if Liverpool, Chelsea and rags weren't going to spend and improve in summer. We tried resting on our laurels in 2012 and it didn't work at all. We definitely need to keep improving the team by adding the best quality players we can get for positions we need extra strength.

For me that's a left back to cover Mendy, a defensive midfielder as Dinho will be 33 and overworked again, and a striker/goalscoring winger.

That would be all very well if Liverpool, Chelsea and rags weren't going to spend and improve in summer. We tried resting on our laurels in 2012 and it didn't work at all. We definitely need to keep improving the team by adding the best quality players we can get for positions we need extra strength.

For me that's a left back to cover Mendy, a defensive midfielder as Dinho will be 33 and overworked again, and a striker/goalscoring winger.
I agree with the defensive midfielder but not the other two.

Just personally, I think Delph has been immense this season, we have only looked rocky because we lost Delph AND Mendy at the same time, which is very unlikely to happen again, so I am very happy with those two.

I would say another striker/goal scoring winger is necessary if we ALWAYS use 4-3-3 because with 3 forwards we start to look a little thin up front if we have an injury. BUT, I think Pep will rotate between 4-3-3 and 3-5-2, and will probably favour 3-5-2 most of the time because of Mendy and Walker's ability to dominate the wings. This formation requires only 2 forwards, which we have alot of, buying a 5th forward when we'd play with 2 most of the time is a bad idea.

It basically boils down to which formation you think will be used most often, I think if it's 3-5-2 then 1 buy at most is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.