Windrush

This government just stumbles from one complete fuck up to the next. Appalling way to treat people that have been in the UK most of their lives. Already a load have been deported by mistake.
A family with a son with severe learning difficulties were detained without warning and the son didnt have his meds .after a few days released without any expanation .The goverment have no compasion

Remember the way they treated the Ghurka's too - and those lads had signed on to put their lives on the line for the UK but still they wanted them out until Joanna Lumley lead campaign shamed a Labour Govt into treating them right after their active service finished.

I am ashamed of what this nation is becoming at the hands of politicians from all sides that seem to lack any clear moral compass, concentrate only on what might be a vote winner whilst lining their own nests. I have been aware of these Windrush cases for a while and am sickened by the way some individuals who have significantly contributed to our society, been law abiding tax payers have been treated like the worst criminals. Politicians from all sides need to have a long hard look at themselves.

We've now got the Home Secretary saying in the Commons that the Home Office has "become too concerned with policy and strategy and loses sight of the individual". The government are an absolute shambles.

We've now got the Home Secretary saying in the Commons that the Home Office has "become too concerned with policy and strategy and loses sight of the individual". The government are an absolute shambles.

Something should be done - I mean the Home Office are the shambles and those in charge should be carrying the can - Amber Rudd the Home Sec doesn't know for sure if anybody has been deported under these circumstances. Are they deporting people willy nilly and not recording the reasons why?

Theresa May is meeting Commonwealth Heads of Govt tomorrow - after previously declining to do so. The value of publicity clearly. And let us not forget about 18 months ago she was Home Sec..........yet her and Rudd now stand there wringing their hands saying "something must be done" like they were nowhere near the Home Office when all this was going on. Disgraceful really.

What an absolute disgrace and shambles. People who are as british as anyone on here have been locked for god sake! Another cock up by this incompetent mob of a government.

This government just stumbles from one complete fuck up to the next. Appalling way to treat people that have been in the UK most of their lives. Already a load have been deported by mistake.
Correct. Look no further than the current PM for this mess, Its at her doorstep when she was Home Secretary.

Remember the way they treated the Ghurka's too - and those lads had signed on to put their lives on the line for the UK but still they wanted them out until Joanna Lumley lead campaign shamed a Labour Govt into treating them right after their active service finished.
I remember one case in particular where they tried to throw one old gurkha out, saying that he couldn't demonstrate his loyalty to Britain.

He'd won a VC when a serving soldier!

Disgusting treatment and those responsible should hang their heads in shame.

I remember one case in particular where they tried to throw one old gurkha out, saying that he couldn't demonstrate his loyalty to Britain.

He'd won a VC when a serving soldier!
That's not right mate no one tried to throw him out he was wrongly refused hospital treatment, the way he was treated was appalling but there was no threat of deportation. Sadly passed away in 2011 brave man killed 3 Japanese on a charge at a gun position armed with a bren gun.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.