Pep - Manager of the Season 2017/18

Dych has kept them safe on a small budget but his results are hardly impressive . Pep gets this all day long for the fantastic football and raising the bar massively

Dyche should undoubtedly be acknowledged but it's still some way off what Pep has done this season. The only way Dyche wins this is if there's an influx of hipster votes who like to vote for the less obvious choice in a bid to convince both themselves and others that they have some kind of higher level of understanding of football.

I've never seen a manager transform English football so much. Pep has left a legacy for the future of football in England - from u6s all the way up to the national team.

Dyche has done great to progress a club on a shoestring - the same as many winners of MOTY in the past. Fair dues to him for that but it's same old same old.

Pep has invented jet travel in the same year that Dyche has perfected the biplane.

We won the last 6 games didn’t we? One of them against the shite. They lost at Wigan and drew with Everton and won the rest. Hardly a collapse.

City won that title, just like we won it in 2014. Nobody gifts you the title, you have to go out and win it over 38 games.

For me, Mancini’s achievement far outstrips Pellegrini’s. Mancini changed the whole mentality of the club, took us from also rans to winners. 10th to Champions in 2 seasons. First title in 44 years. A huge achievement. Pellegrini inherited an immeasurably stronger side and didn’t have Fergurson to compete with.
Hence why Pelegrini should have won. It's not an argument about who you like more or who had a better team or who changed the psyche of the club more.

It's all been whitewashed now but that was a tulmultous season. Balotelli in fights, blowing up shit, Tevez AWOL, disfunction was a part and parcel of the season.

This pale in comparison to Pelegrini's inuagural sessea of sexy footbsfo being played by the most serene of managers.

Pelegrini should definitely have won. Mancini was debatable.

Will it be Dyche? Really?

Am I the only one finding this to be another ridiculous example of the anti-city bias.

Each time we win the premier title our manager somehow doesnt get the award..... the criteria changes from "producing a winning team" to surviving without money" as if a total backlash against City, wtf!

It's the same with PotY, suddenly its top scorers and "playing in a team that doesnt have lots of good players around them" that wins the award, when in the past it has been the player most integral in the winning team.

(Not a pop at Dyche btw, it could have been whoever, more the fact that Pep wouldnt win MoY for the football everyones witnessed these season, money doesnt buy that)

Dyche is a serious contender in my mind and rightly so. For me, the award should go to the manager who has his team punching well above their weight and I would purport Dyche is doing that. Dyche could have Burnley in Europe next season

Obviously Pep should win it but our 'friends' in the media are desperate to give it to anyone else.

Pep's team will be remembered when people are saying Sean who ? As for the deluded scousers saying Klopp ! FFS you are (goes to check) 17 POINTS behind City having played one more game ! Lay off the crack ffs !

Who else ? Rafa - well done but hardly earth shattering.

The revolutionary coach of the team who has run away the PL crown breaking all manner of records, whilst playing a style of football not previously seen in England should obviously win it, no argument. But this being England it will probably go to Alan fuckin Pardew (funny I was talking about xenophobia in another thread ;-) )

If it was an award for the manager who looks most like he's just ploughed through a few bags of wotsits then I could understand it.

15dtpqr.jpg

Winning the league in joint record time (with 5 to go) possible points and goals records. Playing football that any other team in the world can only dream of. Pep.

Or give it to Dyche (a modern Big Sam)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.