Pep - Manager of the Season 2017/18

Someone outside the "big 6" will come 7th every year, it's not some colossal achievement. Everyone below them has been genuinely crap, as have Arsenal above them, so being top of the turds is not remotely comparable to winning the league, yet alone winning the league potentially breaking all records in the process.

It's weird that it's only when City win the league that anyone decides to start considering the "biggest overachiever" for this award.

It's weird that it's only when City win the league that anyone decides to start considering the "biggest overachiever" for this award.
If Mourinho or Klopp won a league and cup double whilst breaking every record in sight and playing the most attractive football the Premier League has ever seen then there wouldn't even be a debate.

Pep should win it but Douche has done well on such a shoestring. If they finish above Arsenal that would be incredible

That would probably be as much of a reflection on Arsenal as it is on Burnley. They have done well but without the poor early form of the likes of Leicester and Everton, they would probably finish around 10th.

If Mourinho or Klopp won a league and cup double whilst breaking every record in sight and playing the most attractive football the Premier League has ever seen then there wouldn't even be a debate.
Well that's backed up by when Chelsea won it (pretty unspectacularly) under Maureen a couple of years ago, Southampton came 7th, only just behind Spurs and Liverpool and I don't think anyone even suggested Ronald Koeman should be manager of the year (but then again, he is a foreign)

It's genuinely not even considered to give a manager who has come 6th or 7th, or avoided relegation, unless City win the league. Harry won it when they got top 4 in dramatic fashion (grr), whereas George Burley got it when Ipswich implausibly came 5th after getting promoted. Every single other time it's just been handed to the league winner

Dyche is a serious contender in my mind and rightly so. For me, the award should go to the manager who has his team punching well above their weight and I would purport Dyche is doing that. Dyche could have Burnley in Europe next season

Nope: that may be nothing more than good sensible management. If a manager is doing something extraordinary, he should win, and that is Pep this year.

I've never seen a manager transform English football so much. Pep has left a legacy for the future of football in England - from u6s all the way up to the national team.

Dyche has done great to progress a club on a shoestring - the same as many winners of MOTY in the past. Fair dues to him for that but it's same old same old.

Pep has invented jet travel in the same year that Dyche has perfected the biplane.

That sums it up nicely.

I think it remains to be seen if Pep will have any sort of transformative influence on the wider game in England but I hope he does. He seems to be influencing the current England Manager and I expect his legacy at City will be to help shape a way of playing that will be a blueprint for the clubs future; albeit a one that the club was already working towards.

By that I meant they were not doing something unique. I mean they had to claw back 8 points in the final 6 games. That was more of a collapse by United than anything else.

Don't get me wrong, that still is my favorite trophy. But I can see how Manager of the year didn't go to the manager of a team that season
Fair enough blue.

Winning the league in joint record time (with 5 to go) possible points and goals records. Playing football that any other team in the world can only dream of. Pep.

Or give it to Dyche (a modern Big Sam)
Or give it to dyche (there's no one else we could viably nominate to stop pep winning it)

For me it is simple PEP has won the league already, has broken many many premiership records, has raised the quality of the Premier league, won a double.
Sean dyche has (not yet) achieved what Southampton achieved in being best outside top 6.

But yet again the requirements to win this award change when City win the Premier title. Again!

Pep will not get the award because like Pellers and Bobby we are judged as a football club that just throws money at the title , but the distance that we will win the title by and the records we will break and the standard of football ,means that there should be only one winner . But if Pep didnt win it i would not give it Dyche , Benitez would get my vote he has done superb with a dickhead of an owner restricting his spending and still comfortably stayed in the premier league with what is basically a Championship squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.