It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think 433 will always be the dominant shape, but we'll see a lot more formation changes. With Mendy fit 352 would have been around more often this season, but If you look at Barca in 2011 and 2012, Bayern in 2015 and 2016, he got a lot more experimental as he had a squad who fully understood him and his ways, and he could rely on them understanding what to do when he changed things up for a specific opponent.

Put it this way - if we play 35 games next season with 433 then it'll be a massive failing of the other 19 premier league managers, because Pep will change things up if he feels they make adaptations to stop us or he needs to change things to exploit them. If he doesn't need to do that, then we'll walk the league again.

Pep's comments about Silva before Spurs were interesting IMO. I think his replacement might be on the way.
Good insight, in terms of replacement who do think it could be

Pep's comments about Silva before Spurs were interesting IMO. I think his replacement might be on the way.
Silva's replacement is already here. Bernardo Silva, Gundogan, Foden. Also, we're going to sign Claudio Gomes and Adria Bernabe. It's more than enough.

Although feel as Grizemann is nailed on for Barca would love him here, especially the chances that Sterling had breaking through the middle on Saturday. Think we also need cover/potential replacement for Ferny

Silva's replacement is already here. Bernardo Silva, Gundogan, Foden. Also, we're going to sign Claudio Gomes and Adria Bernabe. It's more than enough.

Gundogan ins't going to replace David Silva, that'd make the starting XI worse, which Pep's not in the business of doing. I like Ilkay, but he's not a patch on Silva at that position, and Pep's recent use suggests a deeper role anyway - which we know from Marti Perarnau is where he saw him when he bought him anyway.

Nothing has happened so far to suggest Pep will move Bernie into the middle, he had many opportunities to play him there but preferred Gundogan instead, if Bernardo were ready to take Dave's place as a starter in the coming months, he'd already be playing there. He's got a lot to learn if he does move inside as well, having never played in the middle for any of his previous teams.

Foden is fucking 17. Adria Bernabé is not even a City player, and 16. Claudio Gomes is not a City player and doesn't play in that position - you're taking the piss now surely, not seriously advocating a 16 or 17 year old replaces David Silva as a starter in 4 months time.

Gundogan ins't going to replace David Silva, that'd make the team worse, which Pep's not in the business of doing. I like Ilkay, but he's not a patch on Silva at that position, and Pep's recent use suggests a deeper role anyway - which we know from Marti Perarnau is where he saw him when he bought him anyway.

Nothing has happened so far to suggest Pep will move Bernie into the middle, he had many opportunities to play him there but preferred Gundogan instead, if Bernardo were ready to take Dave's place as a starter in the coming months, he'd already be playing there.

Foden is fucking 17. Adria Bernabé is not even a City player, and 16. Claudio Gomes is not a City player and doesn't play in that position - you're taking the piss now surely, not seriously advocating a 16 or 17 year old replaces David Silva as a starter in 12 months time.

If we sign both a winger and a Silva replacement, where does that leave Bernardo? That would make him 4th choice winger, 4th choice CM. With Pep's recent comments about Bernardo, surely it has to be Bernardo as the Silva replacement

If we sign both a winger and a Silva replacement, where does that leave Bernardo? That would make him 4th choice winger, 4th choice CM. With Pep's recent comments about Bernardo, surely it has to be Bernardo as the Silva replacement

He wouldn't be 4th choice winger though, he'd likely be 2nd choice RW like he is this season. He's played 49 games so far and I'd be surprised if he didn't end up playing in all the last 5. So far 25 starts, good chance that gets closer to 30.

So next season maybe he starts 35-40. Everyone is going to need more rotation next season with the world cup meaning people don't get the rest in the summer.

A new forward would be competition with Sané and ideally capable of being the 3rd striker option. Pep thought we needed Sanchez on top of Sané, Sterling and Bernardo, so I don't know why less than 4 would suddenly be acceptable next season.

Gundogan ins't going to replace David Silva, that'd make the starting XI worse, which Pep's not in the business of doing. I like Ilkay, but he's not a patch on Silva at that position, and Pep's recent use suggests a deeper role anyway - which we know from Marti Perarnau is where he saw him when he bought him anyway.

Nothing has happened so far to suggest Pep will move Bernie into the middle, he had many opportunities to play him there but preferred Gundogan instead, if Bernardo were ready to take Dave's place as a starter in the coming months, he'd already be playing there. He's got a lot to learn if he does move inside as well, having never played in the middle for any of his previous teams.

Foden is fucking 17. Adria Bernabé is not even a City player, and 16. Claudio Gomes is not a City player and doesn't play in that position - you're taking the piss now surely, not seriously advocating a 16 or 17 year old replaces David Silva as a starter in 4 months time.
But David Silva isn't going anywhere in 4 months time. He'll be be rotated with Bernardo and Gundogan a bit more, and that's it.

"Although he has played in the front line, City still see B.Silva as a central playmaker, and coaches want him to be more like David Silva, the first Blues player to grasp Guardiola's demands" - Sam Lee.
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/why-...the-best-of-bargain/brcugszs9qaf1hgsu0qkkj5lv

But David Silva isn't going anywhere in 4 months time. He'll be be rotated with Bernardo and Gundogan a bit more, and that's it.

"Although he has played in the front line, City still see B.Silva as a central playmaker, and coaches want him to be more like David Silva, the first Blues player to grasp Guardiola's demands" - Sam Lee.
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/why-...the-best-of-bargain/brcugszs9qaf1hgsu0qkkj5lv

I'll believe it when I see it. Pep's actions speak louder than Sam Lee articles. In the 5 months since that article was written, he had loads of opportunities to literally replace Silva with Bernardo when he was away with family (10 games) and chose to bench him or keep him on the wing every single time.

Those aren't the actions of a manager who wants to play Bernardo Silva in the middle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.