It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should be cautious and not sign for the sake of it and must think about Foden and Brahim too.
If we are serious for them today with first team then they will need to have place in team.if we keep on signing young players they will be off soon just like Sancho and wet to academy we will be back to square one.
None among current lot : Jesus Kun Silva Silva KDB Sane Sterling Gundogan are being sold in summer and there has been talk if bringing a new fave

I will be suprised if we buy a left back.

Delph has done more than enough to justify being in rotation with Mendy next season, plus he also offers up something different to Mendy in that he can play that inverted fullback/midfielder role.

If we were to buy a left back and a guy to rotate with Fernandinho, Delph will barely get a look in which would be incredibly cruel considering how good he has been in general for us this season.

I will be suprised if we buy a left back.

Delph has done more than enough to justify being in rotation with Mendy next season, plus he also offers up something different to Mendy in that he can play that inverted fullback/midfielder role.

If we were to buy a left back and a guy to rotate with Fernandinho, Delph will barely get a look in which would be incredibly cruel considering how good he has been in general for us this season.
Well Mendy's just coming back from a serious injury and Delph is more of a sick note than not so I'd be very surprised if we didn't buy a left back.

We should be cautious and not sign for the sake of it and must think about Foden and Brahim too.
If we are serious for them today with first team then they will need to have place in team.if we keep on signing young players they will be off soon just like Sancho and wet to academy we will be back to square one.
None among current lot : Jesus Kun Silva Silva KDB Sane Sterling Gundogan are being sold in summer and there has been talk if bringing a new fave

Our youngsters don’t stand a chance. That’s just my opinion, won’t be popular to some on here. Brahim won’t be needed when we sign another attacking player this summer, you could probably say the same about Foden if we sign a midfielder or two.

Well Mendy's just coming back from a serious injury and Delph is more of a sick note than not so I'd be very surprised if we didn't buy a left back.

I agree - as well as Delph has done - hes not really a cover for Mendy and i think Pep will want someone in a similar vein to Mendy whom he can rotate. Delph's done great but weve had to adapt to accommodate him and im not sure Pep will want to do that again.

I agree - as well as Delph has done - hes not really a cover for Mendy and i think Pep will want someone in a similar vein to Mendy whom he can rotate. Delph's done great but weve had to adapt to accommodate him and im not sure Pep will want to do that again.

Name better LB this season in the league than Delph ?

Thats not the point we have adapted the way we play to suit Delph, as pointed out to me on another thread the reason Sane doest get into the goalscoring positions Sterling does is he doesn't have an overlapping full back. The reason we haven't seen much of three at the back since Mendy got injured is because he isn't a wing back. So as well as Delph has done as an inverted full back if Mendy misses games next season we need the option of not having to change how we play with a like for like replacement.

I agree Delph has been great - I just think Pep might want cover that’s more similar to Mendy. Remember he said Sane had to play wide once we lost Mendy to accommodate. Not having a go at Delph at all.

The biggest issue with delph is his fitness, he cannot be relied upon in an entire season as he has shown since he joined. For that one reason he should be moved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.