It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think we need a CB or a LB. Only a DM (Fabinho, Ndombele, Jorginho, Neves) and a winger

Mcdonell & Ducker said that
"Guardiola has targeted a centre-back, holding midfielder and versatile forward as the positions he feels need addressing this summer, with City having already identified several targets they are keen to tie up before the World Cup begins in June."

Mcdonell & Ducker said that
"Guardiola has targeted a centre-back, holding midfielder and versatile forward as the positions he feels need addressing this summer, with City having already identified several targets they are keen to tie up before the World Cup begins in June."
Who could the CB be? Alderweireld? Definitely one of the best CBs in the PL, but he's 29 and Lewy would be asking for a lot of money. I would prefer a quicker CB like Koulibaly or Upamecano. De Ligt also looks great.

But the transfer was ratified by uefa so how can city be punished!?!

Absolutely- so in the first instance UEFA will be guilty - it then remains to be seen whether UEFA decide to punish us - unlikely - more likely UEFA will change their rules and procedures going forward. Only way we are guilty is if we’ve acted improperly and not been honest with UEFA but that’s not even alleged.

Mullock was said about De Ligt? maybe him...?

I'm sorry but if De Ligt joins us he is mad. We have a ready made future pairing of Laporte and Stones and a current very good pairing in Kompany and Otamendi. Even if Pep bins Kompany, which would be mad, De Ligt would have to be unreal to get in ahead of Laporte because we only just signed him. I'm a huge believer in Johnno but even if he never ever regains his form there wouldn't be any point in playing two left sided centre backs so thats not a route in either. The only player it would make sense for him to replace is Ota and we just handed him a new contract so that's not happening.

Ederson
Walker laporte /de ligt stones/ota mendy
Savic
KDB isco
Sterling/bailly Sane
Aguero/jesus

Can I get an amen??

I'm sorry but if De Ligt joins us he is mad. We have a ready made future pairing of Laporte and Stones and a current very good pairing in Kompany and Otamendi. Even if Pep bins Kompany, which would be mad, De Ligt would have to be unreal to get in ahead of Laporte because we only just signed him. I'm a huge believer in Johnno but even if he never ever regains his form there wouldn't be any point in playing two left sided centre backs so thats not a route in either. The only player it would make sense for him to replace is Ota and we just handed him a new contract so that's not happening.
Ajax is a mess currently and all their talent are looking to leave so they will probably jump at the first big club that makes a genuine offer even if it’s best they just stay at Ajax another year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.