City cleared of any wrongdoing in Garre case - no transfer ban expected

Quite.
We also asked FIFA if we could do it before we did it. They said yes it's OK.
It should also be noted that we ARE NOT the defendants in this case - FIFA are.
As I see it, it is a fundamental principle of any legal system that you can't be found guilty of a charge by an authority (FIFA) if you asked the authority (FIFA) beforehand and the authority (FIFA) said it's OK.
They all try to stitch us up so, the worst that I think can happen is CAS can ask FIFA to revisit the judgement, we get found guilty (presumably) and can appeal to FIFA and if that fails then subsequently appeal to CAS which gives us a window (possibly two) before the two window ban kicks in. In which case we would spend really big this summer.
I have absolutely no doubt that FIFA will try and stitch us up. if they can, as Gill is now involved.

Interesting, as I didn’t know that about FIFA giving the OK.

We should be fine then.

Once we're out of the EU, we'll still be free to sign Scotland's best, and Wales's and Northern Ireland's. Wrong thread?

Interesting, as I didn’t know that about FIFA giving the OK.

We should be fine then.

This is why we shouldn't really be worried. FIFA makes the laws and determines how they are interpreted.

Velez are basically taking FIFA (and us) to CAS to argue that FIFA's own interpretation of it's rules are wrong. Which seems very unlikely to succeed.

Then, even if it were actually successful, it's not our problem. We followed FIFA's own direction, and if they get told to punish us for following that direction than we'll take them to CAS because we only did it because they said we could, plus the more general problem that if FIFA doesn't even know if it's rules are right the whole system comes down.

It would be tied up for years.

Last edited:
This is why we shouldn't really be worried. FIFA makes the laws and determines how they are interpreted.

Velez are basically taking FIFA (and us) to CAS to argue that FIFA's own interpretation of it's rules are wrong. Which seems very likely to succeed.

Then, even if it were actually successful, it's not our problem. We followed FIFA's own direction, and if they get told to punish us for following that direction than we'll take them to CAS.

It would be tied up for years.
Yep.

Yes Velez Sarsfield are taking us and FIFA to CAS and that makes it more complicated.
The problem however is that they may impose penalties on BOTH City and FIFA in which case we would get screwed and FIFA suffer their own type of financial penalty (probably a wrist slap).
I fear this one is going to be messy as CAS like collecting scalps.

Once we're out of the EU, we'll still be free to sign Scotland's best, and Wales's and Northern Ireland's. Wrong thread?

Definitely the wrong thread. There are far less insults in this thread for a start.

Yes Velez Sarsfield are taking us and FIFA to CAS and that makes it more complicated.
The problem however is that they may impose penalties on BOTH City and FIFA in which case we would get screwed and FIFA suffer their own type of financial penalty (probably a wrist slap).
I fear this one is going to be messy as CAS like collecting scalps.

Can CAS impose a ban on us, surely any ban would have to be handed down by FIFA.

Can CAS impose a ban on us?- No. We are only a third party in this dispute between Valez and FIFA.
CAS can certainly tell FIFA to change their procedures because they made a mistake.
The issue is what happens to past cases that were dealt with by FIFA. Can they be revisited? CAS should give some guidence on this as we asked to be be represented as an affected third party in this case.
Your guess is as good as mine as to what will hapen if Valez win their case. FIFA would probably be told to change their procedures. I guess they may be told to revisit this case but there are legal niceties on double jeopardy to consider here.
I suspect it could go round the (legal) houses for a while yet, so it is unlikely to prevent us from buying players in the forthcoming summer 2018 transfer window.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.