It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Sam Lee was saying on a podcast that Pep had lost faith in Stones which seems insane but more plausible than Otamendi going.

It seems obvious he has lost faith in Stones, but so have I, completely. I wouldn't have played him in any of the recent games.

But I would still like to think he can become the player we want him to be, so my 'loss of faith' would be short term & over now & I'd start playing him again.

It seems obvious he has lost faith in Stones, but so have I, completely. I wouldn't have played him in any of the recent games.

But I would still like to think he can become the player we want him to be, so my 'loss of faith' would be short term & over now & I'd start playing him again.

If his temperament is so fragile it seems he has lost faith in himself as well.

If his temperament is so fragile it seems he has lost faith in himself as well.

Tbf though, he came back from injury at Anfield not looking 100% fit, Otamendi's arse went immediately from kickoff & Fernandinho looked shagged out on the day.

Easing him back in now, might get him back as he was.

If a cb goes, it has to be Vinny or Otamendi imo & Vinny is already talking about next season.

If someone has enquired about a decent money offer for Otamendi & we have someone like Alderweirald lined up, it's not impossible a deal could be done but I'd be surprised if there were any cb moves & mortified if we spent 3 mil on Johnny Fucking Evans.

West Brom are better at the back, without him.

I'm sorry but if De Ligt joins us he is mad. We have a ready made future pairing of Laporte and Stones and a current very good pairing in Kompany and Otamendi. Even if Pep bins Kompany, which would be mad, De Ligt would have to be unreal to get in ahead of Laporte because we only just signed him. I'm a huge believer in Johnno but even if he never ever regains his form there wouldn't be any point in playing two left sided centre backs so thats not a route in either. The only player it would make sense for him to replace is Ota and we just handed him a new contract so that's not happening.
De Ligt is right footed

The biggest issue with delph is his fitness, he cannot be relied upon in an entire season as he has shown since he joined. For that one reason he should be moved on.

As a backup to Mendy, he is more than enough. He has had 2 seasons to learn Pep's system and adapted well in an unfamiliar position. A homegrown player shouldn't be moved unless he is really not needed.

TBH, I find these stories that Pep has "lost faith" in Stones a bit odd. Maybe that, on my part is an issue of semantics.

Stones is down the pecking order for now that is obvious but he is competing with Vinnie, Ota and Laporte.

Until I see proof otherwise, I'll ask Pep's explanations of Stones absence from match day squads as being down to further injuries (concussion and now groin).

My take on the possibility of us still signing JFE is that he would be a cheap addition to provide some experienced cover at CB because no one knows what Vinnie's availability will be but there is still a high risk of him missing large chunks of the season and no chance of him choosing to leave (or being forced out).

Mbappe not possible even Thiago looks long shot.
Should target someone more realistic.
Mbappe will cost £200m even if PSG decide to sell him given their fFP issues but still not possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.