It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely timo Werner is tailor made for the wide attacker/ striker role.

I think of all CM options I'd most like Jorginho.

Think we should take a look at De Ligt too, with an eye to it being Vinnies last season.
He`s great, but not sure if he can play on the wing

If we could get De Ligt but loan him back for a year I think that would be perfect. Just think having 5 centre backs means someone would get so little game time as to be completely rusty and off the pace whenever they did come it making it pointless, and can guarantee if we did have 5 lads all vying for a starting spot Vinnie they'd all be fit indefinitely.
Yeah the loan back would be the perfect scenario.

A good relationship with Ajax in general would be a fantastic thing to have, with the talent they produce.
Ajax would just leave him on the bench and play the next young defender in line, they won't waste their time developing a player they don't own if there's an alternative that they do own.

He`s great, but not sure if he can play on the wing

I am sure, he can't.

Werner?

I've never seen him play on the wing, but I don't see why he wouldn't be able to, as he's got the pace, dribbling and 1v1 ability to do it.

If you look at videos of his best bits, he often picks the ball up in positions we'd see Sterling or Sané in and a lot of his assists are from the same areas, cutbacks on the byline inside the box.

For example a few clips of him in wide areas -

Also i've just seen he played 46 games of his 103 at Stuttgart on the wing, so I'd say he can play there.

The problem with Werner as I see it is that he'd cost 70, 80m+ and you can't really spend that much, break your transfer record etc. on someone without starting them most games, but then you'd cause a lot of friction with Aguero or Jesus or Sané. If we're bringing in a proper galactico with a big reputation then maybe you get away with it, but a kid only a year or so ahead of Jesus, Sane and Sterling? I'm not sure. Maybe in a years time when Aguero leaves (Is that 2019 still or is it later now?)

Last edited:
Werner?

I've never seen him play on the wing, but I don't see why he wouldn't be able to, as he's got the pace, dribbling and 1v1 ability to do it.

If you look at videos of his best bits, he often picks the ball up in positions we'd see Sterling or Sané in and a lot of his assists are from the same areas, cutbacks on the byline inside the box.

For example -

Also i've just seen he played 46 games of his 103 at Stuttgart on the wing, so I'd say he can play there.

The problem with Werner as I see it is that he'd cost 60, 70m+ and you can't really spend that much, break your transfer record etc. on someone without starting them most games, but then you'd cause a lot of friction with Aguero or Jesus or Sané. Maybe in a years time when Aguero leaves (Is that 2019 still or is it later now?)

According to transfermarkt he's played on the wing 3 times this season and despite losing those 3 games means he has and would be capable. Though he doesn't really dribble and is more of a Vardy type striker chasing balls over the top and down the channels rather than operating out there in build up play so not sure he'd be particularly effective in our system as a winger.

Edit - didn't see your edit when i replied. Videohighlight his Vardy likeness, needs space to run into

According to transfermarkt he's played on the wing 3 times this season and despite losing those 3 games means he has and would be capable. Though he doesn't really dribble and is more of a Vardy type striker chasing balls over the top and down the channels rather than operating out there in build up play so not sure he'd be particularly effective in our system as a winger.

Edit - didn't see your edit when i replied

He's certainly nothing like the tricky wingers we are linked with, Zaha, Bailey etc. but I think he's got a bit a lot link up and guile than Vardy. He can beat a man 1v1, and his passing and ball control are very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.