It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is Thiago’s contract situation at Bayern?
Would Chelsea really sell hazard to us?
I would of thought Kane will be looking at moving as he will struggle for silverware at Spurs. He may give them one more season in their new stadium.

Weigl, Mbappe and a quick, technically proficient, young left back and that's business wrapped up.

Ajax would just leave him on the bench and play the next young defender in line, they won't waste their time developing a player they don't own if there's an alternative that they do own.

Yeah I think you're right sadly. I wish we could work it into the loan deals to pay them for game time. If he plays 60% of games he's fit for we give them £5 million or if he isn't playing they have to cover his wages or something.

Not just for this transfer but in general. No way we're getting value for money on Douglas Luiz loan for example, he may as well be here turning out for the under 23s.

DCM / CM Fred, Weigl, Thiago or Fabinho (Thiago please)

Winger Hazard, Bailey, Draxler or Mahrez (Hazard please)

Striker Kane, Werner, Mbappe or Lewandowski (id take either)

Get the money spent City.
DM: Fabinho, Jorginho, Ndombele, Neves or De Jong
Winger: Mbappe, Bailey, Draxler, Zaha, Son, Douglas Costa, Sessegnon, Mahrez or Bernard

Last edited:
Imagine next season, we're top of the league again but by only a couple of points in December, and once again we find ourselves behind at Anfield. KDB having an off day, Silva out injured - who would you like the club to have signed this summer that Pep could turn to in that kind of scenario, that could genuinely turn that kind of game around?

Is Mahrez good enough? I'm not sure he is. Whoever is, the kind of player we could bring on to turn an away defeat into a win by either brilliant individual skill or wrestling control of the game back - that is the level of player we need to sign. If he costs £100m or more so be it. Time to really grind the rags and scousers into the dirt and dominate this league.

Opinions of course, but I do think he is. I know it's youtube highlights, but imagine Sane injured or Sterling out and watch Mahrez. He causes havoc and could easily slot in on either wing. Also like you say imagine if KDB or Silva is out and maybe riddled with injuries in the midfield. Watch Mahrez in the vid basically playing as a 10 down the middle. He will find key passes, can hold the ball well and also either shoot from outside the box ala KDB or play crosses in like both KDB and Silva. He's got a good free kick and can score as well. I know Hazard would be great, but I don't see it happening. I just don't see Chelsea selling to us. For me Mahrez is a lot better then some people think.

I personally think we'll bring in Fred and Mahrez with maybe Toby depending on what happens with our CBs

Opinions of course, but I do think he is. I know it's youtube highlights, but imagine Sane injured or Sterling out and watch Mahrez. He causes havoc and could easily slot in on either wing. Also like you say imagine if KDB or Silva is out and maybe riddled with injuries in the midfield. Watch Mahrez in the vid basically playing as a 10 down the middle. He will find key passes, can hold the ball well and also either shoot from outside the box ala KDB or play crosses in like both KDB and Silva. He's got a good free kick and can score as well. I know Hazard would be great, but I don't see it happening. I just don't see Chelsea selling to us. For me Mahrez is a lot better then some people think.

I really like Mahrez. We were clearly in for him in January. Contrary to what the media said it wasn’t a panic buy due to Sane’s Injury.

He would be an excellent addition and was really eager to join, the move didn’t go through and he got depressed.

We could get him for £60m which is great value. Rather have him than the over priced and over rated Hazard.

He is the perfect age too. With Leroy, Raz, Bernardo, Jesus all so young buying another inconsistent youngster like Bailey makes zero sense to me. We need someone 25-28 years old who is proven.

Good montage and you can appreciate how good he is at leaving player on his backsides (including 2-4 of our lot). He's such a threat that many teams resort to doubling (sometime trebling) up on him, but because he's so adept at turning either way it's practically impossible to stop him. If we had him and teams even doubled up on him, it would create even more space for the rest.The other thing that stands in his favour is that he knows the league. Players coming to us need to learn the system and, if coming from abroad, adapt to the league. It's quite noticeable that, save for Ederson, the new player who has managed the most minutes this season has been Walker, so I wouldn't be against signing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.