Roberto Mancini - next Italy manager

So, Zenit won 2-1 tonight in the rearranged game at home to Dinamo Moscow. They led for most of the game, conceded on 88 minutes and then won it in injury time through a 17-year-old kid on as sub. Lokomotiv drew 0-0 at home to Akhmat to extend their lead by a point at the top, while CSKA had an easy win against Amkar Perm.

The top 5 have all now played 26 games and have four left, and the standings are: 1. Lokkomotiv - 56 points; 2. Spartak - 50 points; 3. CSKA - 48 points; 4. Zenit - 48 points (behind CSKA because the Muscovites have won more games); 5. Krasnodar - 47 points.

So, Zenit won 2-1 tonight in the rearranged game at home to Dinamo Moscow. They led for most of the game, conceded on 88 minutes and then won it in injury time through a 17-year-old kid on as sub. Lokomotiv drew 0-0 at home to Akhmat to extend their lead by a point at the top, while CSKA had an easy win against Amkar Perm.

The top 5 have all now played 26 games and have four left, and the standings are: 1. Lokkomotiv - 56 points; 2. Spartak - 50 points; 3. CSKA - 48 points; 4. Zenit - 48 points (behind CSKA because the Muscovites have won more games); 5. Krasnodar - 47 points.

Eight points is a lot to make up in four games, though I do recall Bobby doing it once before.

:-)

Eight points is a lot to make up in four games, though I do recall Bobby doing it once before.

:-)

Indeed. Though I suspect Bob at this stage would take CL qualification to rescue the season, and last night's win keeps that a realistic possibility for him.

Meanwhile, if anyone for old times' sake fancies watching Bob running on the pitch after a 94th-minute winner (we've seen that before, right?!), then please allow me:

Indeed. Though I suspect Bob at this stage would take CL qualification to rescue the season, and last night's win keeps that a realistic possibility for him.

Meanwhile, if anyone for old times' sake fancies watching Bob running on the pitch after a 94th-minute winner (we've seen that before, right?!), then please allow me:

Wasn't much of a run. Did he get fouled by one of his coaching staff there?

It was 5 points with 4 games remaining and 8 points with 6 left, although it always felt much more....

We made up the eight point gap in four games.

8/4/12: we lost 1-0 to Arsenal, rags beat QPR 2-0. Eight point gap with six games left.
11/4: we beat West Brom 4-0, rags lost 1-0 to Wigan. Five points behind.
14/4: we beat Norwich 6-1, 15/4 rags beat Villa 4-0. Still five points.
22/4: we beat Wolves 2-0, rags drew 4-4 with Everton. Three points.
30/4: we won the derby 1-0. No gap, but we regained the lead on goal difference and still two games to play.

We made up the eight point gap in four games.

8/4/12: we lost 1-0 to Arsenal, rags beat QPR 2-0. Eight point gap with six games left.
11/4: we beat West Brom 4-0, rags lost 1-0 to Wigan. Five points behind.
14/4: we beat Norwich 6-1, 15/4 rags beat Villa 4-0. Still five points.
22/4: we beat Wolves 2-0, rags drew 4-4 with Everton. Three points.
30/4: we won the derby 1-0. No gap, but we regained the lead on goal difference and still two games to play.
Quite right. I was just looking at the last 4 (which is what Bobby has left).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.