Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched him quite closely against Southampton last night. His delivery from set pieces was very good and he put in some wonderful through balls; did his defensive duties diligently as well. Think he'd look even better with higher quality players around him (no offence Leicester City fans), but I hope we don't end up paying over the odds for him. I suppose it's also hard to judge a player when his heart might not be wholly in it.

He's a quality player but where would he play if we signed him? He plays on the right wing for Leicester and cuts inside on his left foot. We already have Raheem and Bernardo who play on the right wing. I can't see him playing on the left because he's not a natural out and out winger and he can't cut inside from the left because he's left footed. Is Pep planning to play Bernardo alongside Kevin in a number 10 role ore often which makes room for Mahrez to play on the right wing replacing Raheem from time to time?

Just don't fancy this one. Definitely in need of another wide man though so be interesting to see who we aim for.

He's a quality player but where would he play if we signed him? He plays on the right wing for Leicester and cuts inside on his left foot. We already have Raheem and Bernardo who play on the right wing. I can't see him playing on the left because he's not a natural out and out winger and he can't cut inside from the left because he's left footed. Is Pep planning to play Bernardo alongside Kevin in a number 10 role ore often which makes room for Mahrez to play on the right wing replacing Raheem from time to time?

While Bernardo has got better and better on the right, the few occasions he has played in the middle he looked different class. I think the intention was always for him to play in the middle and eventually replace Merlin, so we really could do with another option out wide.
Mahrez would be a great signing, I hope we go back in for him.

He only play on the right wing for Leicester because they only have one world class player so they always use him where he's most effective. He has superb delivery, and judging by how successful Leroy has done cutting in from the left wing whilst being left footed I don't doubt for a second that Mahrez could play there if we needed him to.

The player I’m most interested in us signing this summer - think he will be a big additional to the squad. Gives us options on left and through middle if needed. A better finisher than Stirling.

Bonus is that It puts more onus on Sane being more consistent as if he is not Stirling can play on the left and Mahrez on right

The issue with this one might be the fee Leicester appear to want the equivalent of The UAE’s oil reserves for him.

Think they will accept 55-60 million

If TH is right and we have finished a deal or two then my money is on this one being one of them. He seemed to return to the fold pretty quick after being very disenchanted, almost as if it was agreed that it would definitely go through in the summer, can see us paying 65 million for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.