Marvel Universe vs DC Universe...

Bigga

The Blue Buus... is callin us... Driver, where you
As "Avengers: Infinity War" looms upon us and Marvel keeps churning out hit after hit after hit from its film factory I have to ask; where has DC gone wrong? What has Marvel done right?

And, ultimately, how does DC get itself back on track...?

I'm really interested as I think there's a SCORE of reasons for DC failing, but I'd like to read other views from the well versed comic book fan to the casual film viewer.

I wonder if others share my own thoughts or have views I've not thought of.

Thanks.

Marvel have made their universe funny, interesting and, above all, entertaining.

DC?

It's a bit dark, dull and the wrong side of moody.

Marvel is geek.

DC is teenage goth. The ugly one. Trying to be different.

Part of it imo is that the DC movies are just too dark. People don't want dark superheroes for the most part. They(DC) want "The Dark Knight" everytime. It can obviously work but when you make Superman leave Johnathon Kent to die in "Man of Steel" just so he can be a mopey fucker there-in lies the problem. Superman is not a miserable superhero (he can fly around the planet in a second yet he cant rescue his dad from a tornado in case someone sees him. Just trying to be dark.

In fairness along with Star Wars it’s all a bit nerdy but most just judge it simply as good film or bad film. The superhero films have been done to death and offer no real value. Repetitive entertainment has its merits if nothing else is on I wouldn’t pay to watch one though.

I'm not 15 so I'm probably out
2dfad8a5327fe60fcd2e32e9ba6939d0.jpg

Marvel have made their universe funny, interesting and, above all, entertaining.

DC?

It's a bit dark, dull and the wrong side of moody.

Marvel is geek.

DC is teenage goth. The ugly one. Trying to be different.

Part of it imo is that the DC movies are just too dark. People don't want dark superheroes for the most part. They(DC) want "The Dark Knight" everytime. It can obviously work but when you make Superman leave Johnathon Kent to die in "Man of Steel" just so he can be a mopey fucker there-in lies the problem. Superman is not a miserable superhero (he can fly around the planet in a second yet he cant rescue his dad from a tornado in case someone sees him. Just trying to be dark.

Didn't DC try and lighten up in "Justice League"??

Seems like an error in direction to me.

As for Jonny Kent, would you ignore your Da's wishes in his 'last moments'?

Interesting viewpoints to think on, still.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.