Marvel Universe vs DC Universe...

DC's storyline and plots have always been superficial. I grew up on Marvel in the early 80s and in the occasion I bought DC stuff I never felt compelled to buy the next issue. They rode their luck with Superman and that's basically it. Marvel on the other hand had an expansive universe that is intricately interlinked with one another, and when wars go down it's quite big, like the Infinity Wars. I still have 200 issues of the Silver Surfer title starting from #1.

Also, Marvel has done very well in casting A-list stars. Matt Damon's cameo in Ragnarok was great. But really who wouldn't want Del Toro, Goldblum, Russell, Swinton, Stallone, Rourke, Michelle Yeoh and many others involved? Would be great to have the X-Men get into the Avengers fray but image rights and all that has prevented this series to be more epic than it is. Fantastic Four should be in it, the Defenders should be in it, X-Men should at least be in it.

I found Ragnarok to be one of the funniest movies I have ever seen, and considering it is more sci-fi than comedy I applaud the writers of the MCU movies.

DC is so dark I half expect Spawn to make a guest appearance. And they are also rushing into making an epic climactic movie. I fell asleep halfway through Wonder Woman.

Can't wait for Infinity Wars and what comes after. Maybe Captain Britain and the Excalibur team should be made into a movie.

Would be great to have the X-Men get into the Avengers fray
Nah, I'm already worried that they'll have too many different characters in Infinity War to do any of them justice. Even Civil War was better for Hulk and Thor missing out. Add more X-men in and it could get far too messy.

It's all been done so much now that it's all just shit. Star wars will go the same way.

Over familiarity.

Like I said, Ron Howard doesn't attach himself to bad projects. He can pretty much pick any project he wants to work on and he chose Solo.

I am a die hard fan of star wars. Like a lot of us felt a little burned by TLJ. But a Solo excites me. It looks like being a lot of fun. My hope for this movie is they use the asteroid chase theme from ESB as Hans theme in this movie. That piece of music represents Han at his very coolest. If they use this music I will enjoy this movie even if it ain't great

DC has always had a grittier, darker quality to its product whereas Marvel loves the bright colours and jokier side.

Marvel's movies ruined the X-Men by putting them in leather suits rather than the excellent costumes from the Eighties which I grew up on. Wolverine should have a mask but fair play, they did a good job with Nightcrawler who was always my favourite character.

daken-bigcostume02.jpg
latest

As "Avengers: Infinity War" looms upon us and Marvel keeps churning out hit after hit after hit from its film factory I have to ask; where has DC gone wrong? What has Marvel done right?

And, ultimately, how does DC get itself back on track...?

I'm really interested as I think there's a SCORE of reasons for DC failing, but I'd like to read other views from the well versed comic book fan to the casual film viewer.

I wonder if others share my own thoughts or have views I've not thought of.

Thanks.

Marvel seems to be more fun filled and doesn't have as many dark tones to the film like DC does.

Doesn't help DC keep using the same team for their films.

I agree with much of this!

As a kid, I used to get 'Thanos' and 'Darkseid' mixed up, but the easy part to remember is that 'Thanos' has an unrequited love for 'Lady(Mistress?) Death! It is rumoured that Snyder did have 'Darkseid' in his 3 hour cut! Lots of rumour and persistent leaking on this for it not to be true! I think, though, outside of 'Darkseid, 'Brainiac' is the only way they can go in this DC Universe.

I get the feeling Affleck will retain the role of 'Bats' depending on what happens with "Flashpoint", but I also think that that's the point where they will use the opportunity to reboot the universe.

I don't think Affleck is a bad batman, anyone following his predecessor as Batman will get criticized.

Nice to see a older batman in comparison to a young batman all the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.