Jadon Sancho

If your going to qoute, then qoute correctly. I stated that aside from the Barcelona squad.

Real Madrid 2017 - 4 - Carvajal (ADCR Leman's), Casilla (Club Gimnàstic de Tarragona), Nacho (AD Complutense), Morata(Atletico Madrid & Getafe)
Real Madrid 2016 - 5 - Carvajal, Jesé (Huracan), Lucas Vazquez (Ural), Casilla, Nacho
Barcelona 2015 - 9 - Pique, Alba, Busquets, Iniesta, Messi, Xavi, Bartra, Rafinha, Pedro.
Real Madrid 2014 - 4 - Casillas, Carvajal, Morata, Arbeloa (Zaragoza).
Bayern 2013 - 4 -Lahm (FT Gern München), Kroos (Hansa Rostock), Alaba (Austria Wien ), Schweinsteiger (TSV 1860 Rosenheim)
Chelsea 2012 - 1 - Bertrand (Gillingham) (Terry suspended).
Barca 2011 - 10 -Valdes, Puyol, Pique, Busquets, Iniesta, Xavi, Messi, Pedro, Thiago, Bojan.
Inter 2010 - 0
Barca 2009 - 10 - Valdes, Puyol, Pique, Busquets, Iniesta, Xavi, Messi, Muniesa, Bojan, Pedro.
United 2008 - 4 -Scholes, Brown, Fletcher, Giggs.
Milan 2007 - 3 -Maldini, Oddo (Renato Curi Angolana), Brocchi.
Barcelona 2006 - 5 - Valdes, Puyol, Jorquera, Xavi, Iniesta.
Liverpool 2005 - 2 - Carragher, Gerrard.
Porto 2004 - 3 - Baía, Costa ( Boavista), Carvalho (Amarante).
Milan 2003 - 3 - Maldini, Brocchi, Costacurta.
Real Madrid 2002 - 4 - Raúl (Atletico Madrid), Pavon, Casillas, Guti

The players in bold came from other clubs, so as I stated "aside from Barcelona the rags are the next best and from being the the norm, its clear that since 2002, aside from Barcelona, the champions league winner has had to use other clubs to supplement their youth setup.
Even the rags poached the family man from us and the ginger pig from Oldham.

David Alaba, Dani Carvajal, Marcos Llorente, Theo Hernandez, Marco Asensio and Gerard Pique (plus a few more I imagine) all had loans or buy backs as part of their current journey into the elite first team environment so we need to play on that a lot more IMO

If we're dependent on integrating players after loans then we need to get much much better at it. Several City youngsters have had successful loan spells and got no traction at City for having them. If I was in the same position as Sancho, is have moved to Dortmund rather than gambling on City taking a chance on me after a year at Breda and a year at Girona.

We won't get tier 2 clubs to take loanees either and will have to be content with minutes at the likes of Celtic, PSV and Girona. Alaba was loaned to Hoffenheim; Carvajal a buy back to a Europa League Leverkusen; Llorente and Hernandez Alaves loans; Asensio Mallorca and Espanyol loans and Pique was loaned to Zaragoza. Barely any buy backs and the loans are no more impressive than ones we've already had and ignored.

If your going to qoute, then qoute correctly. I stated that aside from the Barcelona squad.

Real Madrid 2017 - 4 - Carvajal (ADCR Leman's), Casilla (Club Gimnàstic de Tarragona), Nacho (AD Complutense), Morata(Atletico Madrid & Getafe)
Real Madrid 2016 - 5 - Carvajal, Jesé (Huracan), Lucas Vazquez (Ural), Casilla, Nacho
Barcelona 2015 - 9 - Pique, Alba, Busquets, Iniesta, Messi, Xavi, Bartra, Rafinha, Pedro.
Bayern 2013 - 4 -Lahm (FT Gern München), Kroos (Hansa Rostock), Alaba (Austria Wien ), Schweinsteiger (TSV 1860 Rosenheim)
Barca 2011 - 10 -Valdes, Puyol, Pique, Busquets, Iniesta, Xavi, Messi, Pedro, Thiago, Bojan.
Inter 2010 - 0
Barca 2009 - 10 - Valdes, Puyol, Pique, Busquets, Iniesta, Xavi, Messi, Muniesa, Bojan, Pedro.

The players in bold came from other clubs, so as I stated "aside from Barcelona the rags are the next best and from being the the norm, its clear that since 2002, aside from Barcelona, the champions league winner has had to use other clubs to supplement their youth setup.

Jesus Christ if that's your definition of coming from other clubs then we barely have a single player in the entire academy, and have probably never produced anyone.

It is amazing the hoops people will jump through to try and pretend everyone else is just as bad at this as us, ruling out Raul because he joined Real Madrid at 14?

Lahm because he joined Bayern at fucking 11 from a local amateur team??!

So I guess Foden, David White, SWP, Lake aren't from our academy? Have you told them this?

If that makes you feel better, so be it, the rest of the world won't use an idiots definition of Academy player.

Last edited:

Inter 2010 - 0

Didn't Giggs come from us and Scholes Oldham

Sad that he left us, but hopefully one of Matondo, Garre and Poveda will be better than him

Sad that he left us, but hopefully one of Matondo, Garre and Poveda will be better than him
I think Matondo will. Don't see as much of the EDS as I used to tbh but every single time I've seen him he's impressed me which wasn't the case with Sancho. Could be that very rare constant 8/10 player, of which we've only had Silva and Zaba.

'City have spent 100`s of millions on the best youth facilities the best youth coaching the best youth players with the aim to improve the players when they get to an age where they are capable of playing league football they go on loan with a view to proving they are good enough to play for us.'

Well that's a bargain then isn't it ?

A few hundred million on the academy & we've had less appearences from the lot of them put together, than we got from Pablo Zabaleta, who cost 5.

But we are almost competing with Chelsea, who also have hardly any youth players ever get in their team regularly, so that's ok.

And what the fuck has Jack Rodwell gotto do with anything ?

Here's an idea: close the academy & spend the money on buying the best kids from other people's academies & loan them out.
I do not want to get under anybody's skin and i feel i have here but, city are buying other academy`s players and sending them on loan it is the only way we can compete with Barca and Real Rodwell and Foden both have EPL winners medals Sancho has not , utd kept a dozen international on the bench for a decade because of medals, as for vaue for money you can take that up with city`s directors

I think Matondo will. Don't see as much of the EDS as I used to tbh but every single time I've seen him he's impressed me which wasn't the case with Sancho. Could be that very rare constant 8/10 player, of which we've only had Silva and Zaba.
He`s been great when I`ve seen him. Sane/Walker/Raz-esque pace, and he has scored some great goals this season, like the one he scored against Barca a couple days ago. Can play on both sides as well

Jesus Christ if that's your definition of coming from other clubs then we barely have a single player in the entire academy, and have probably never produced anyone.

It is amazing the hoops people will jump through to try and pretend everyone else is just as bad at this as us, ruling out Raul because he joined Real Madrid at 14?

Lahm because he joined Bayern at fucking 11 from a local amateur team??!

So I guess Foden, David White, SWP, Lake aren't from our academy? Have you told them this?

If that makes you feel better, so be it, the rest of the world won't use an idiots definition of Academy player.

Idiots don't do their research and have an opinion so weak that they pick and chose what they qoute and then resort to insults when the limitations of the said point of view is is laid bare.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.