It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like my Insigne suggestion has sparked good debate.

don't know who this Danny Johnson kid is but I hope he's right.

insigne would be a proper fucking signing.

Insigne is word class? i don't think so.

When the hell did I say anyone was world class

PS who are you to say someone is something. It’s a game of opinions

I’m passing on info I got and I trusted it considering the guy I heard it from for example SAW nasri and his agent at the mini offices across from the Etihad 2 months prior to him signing in 2011
I don’t particularly like the signing due to him being 5ft4 and a bit slight, but his quality on the ball is undeniable

I’m passing on info I got and I trusted it considering the guy I heard it from for example SAW nasri and his agent at the mini offices across from the Etihad 2 months prior to him signing in 2011
I don’t particularly like the signing due to him being 5ft4 and a bit slight, but his quality on the ball is undeniable

Thanks for the info mate. I sometimes get info but rarely post it because even when the source is good transfers are so notoriously unreliable and people on here don’t always appreciate that. As you say it’s all about opinions - keep posting.

Ok, so you're talking about a rotational option. Insigne indeed fits this category, like Mahrez/Bailey/Zaha. But it's the opposite of a 'dream signing' that would strengthen the starting 11, as far as I understand the term.

I hope City are looking to improve the main team, not backups. Rumours on City's interest in Hazard, Mbappe etc. point in this direction.

Now I don't want to blow your mind pal, but dreams are different from person to person. Lets take one you mentioned: Hazard.

Absolutely not a dream signing for me. A terrible signing. Expensive, old, attitude problems, doesn't bring anything we don't already have to the squad except an arse even Raz would be jealous of.

My dream signing is Insigne, yours is Hazard. It is possible for those to be different and still meet the definition of a dream signing.

I watch Napoli on a regular basis now especially this season and everytime I tune in, everything seems to run through Insigne. What a player.

I would take him at City in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
I just can't see Insigne leaving Napoli - the fans just won't allow it.

If you thought the Roma ultras were handy the Napoli ultras are just as nuts if not worse & would probably firebomb De Laurentiis's house if this happened. He got enough stick from the fans after selling Higuain which I thought was good business for 90million Euros 2 years ago. Just imagine what he would value Insigne now!

The only slight chance is if we already have agreed Jorginho, Insigne may want to follow his mate. But then if you look at it from Napoli's point of view why would you sell 2 of your best players to set you back a number of years after only now reaching a competitive stage. Surely you want to add more talent not take away especially when you're in the Chumps league next season.

What are the chances on hazard ?

I like Sammy but I can count on one finger the amount of times he has ever broken a correct city story. He chases and checks rumours that have already broken and let’s not forget he was the one peddling the city/Sanchez romance in January. He is well informed after the event but really isn’t the go to man at all for city transfers, despite being highly likeable and coming across well in ahsans podcasts

All I can say is I was told City’s 2 main forward targets. That’s it. I don’t know what chances are on either but I THINK we have a better relationship with Napoli than many think after the first time we were drawn with them in 2011/12 and I THINK insigne wants to join us. If your mate in the dressing room is leaving to the most attractive club in Europe for the next 10 years - potentially- under the best manager in the sphere, are you telling me you wouldn’t fancy it?
Napoli sell when the money is right. Whether we feel the fee for him is worth is who knows.

I just can't see Insigne leaving Napoli - the fans just won't allow it.

If you thought the Roma ultras were handy the Napoli ultras are just as nuts if not worse & would probably firebomb De Laurentiis's house if this happened. He got enough stick from the fans after selling Higuain which I thought was good business for 90million Euros 2 years ago. Just imagine what he would value Insigne now!

The only slight chance is if we already have agreed Jorginho, Insigne may want to follow his mate. But then if you look at it from Napoli's point of view why would you sell 2 of your best players to set you back a number of years after only now reaching a competitive stage. Surely you want to add more talent not take away especially when you're in the Chumps league next season.
They sold Cavani and Lavezzi to PSG, they sold Higuaín to Juventus. Napoli will sell for the right price and for me, Insigne would be worth anything south of £100m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.