It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe a left field winger suggestion could be Robben? Young enough to be useful for another season or 2 and old enough to not take too much game time away from Sterling, Sane and Bernardo whilst being able to pass on some of his vast experience. He's out of contract this summer at Bayern.

I don't think he'd be a waste of money, because he's brilliant, but we would be breaking our transfer record accomodating him in a position where he would be replacing someone who has just had a better season than him. I don't understand the links, at all, because I don't understand where he would play & why we would risk team spirit on someone who sulks when things don't go his way.

I don't see why we would replace Sane or Sterling (because if we signed Hazard for either area, he has to become the no1 player in that position so is effectively taking the place of one almost every game), makes more sense to have another player of their style, & age, to alternate with them, so they can all run flat out for the full season.

I could see Hazard as Silva's gradual successor, if Pep thought he could train him to play like that, but I don't think Hazard would do the work required.

The only other option would be, Hazard as Pep's new Messi, in a bogus free striker role, which then regularly takes the goal poaching of Aguero or Jesus out of the team & makes aerial crosses even more redundant.

Pep was willing to sign Sanchez and then Mehrez, so why not Hazard ?

Maybe a left field winger suggestion could be Robben? Young enough to be useful for another season or 2 and old enough to not take too much game time away from Sterling, Sane and Bernardo whilst being able to pass on some of his vast experience. He's out of contract this summer at Bayern.
34 and extremely injury prone.

I just can't see Insigne leaving Napoli - the fans just won't allow it.

If you thought the Roma ultras were handy the Napoli ultras are just as nuts if not worse & would probably firebomb De Laurentiis's house if this happened. He got enough stick from the fans after selling Higuain which I thought was good business for 90million Euros 2 years ago. Just imagine what he would value Insigne now!

The only slight chance is if we already have agreed Jorginho, Insigne may want to follow his mate. But then if you look at it from Napoli's point of view why would you sell 2 of your best players to set you back a number of years after only now reaching a competitive stage. Surely you want to add more talent not take away especially when you're in the Chumps league next season.
Ask Liverpool and Spurs

I’d thought that might be a decent squad addition too. Yes he is injury prone but still has pace and tremendous ability. His professionalism would also be good for our younger players to learn from.

Looking at the other threads and assuming three foreign players are added. Again it seem the three may be Alcantara/Jorgino, Isco/Hazard and Bailey with the suggestion we have bought him enabling Leverkussen to buy Paulinho for 30m. How do we line up as a squad with the limitations of 17 foreign players? only way I can see is as follows:-

Ed
Gunn

Danilo
Walker

Kompany
Stones
Otamendi
Laporte

Delph
Mendy

Silva
Silva

Fernandhino
Jorghino/Alcantara

KDB
Gundogan

Sterling
Sane
Bailey

Isco/Hazard
Aguero
Jesus

No doubt all will be revealed in time (sighs)

Insigne always looked a slow player in a slow league to me. I like attackers that make the opposition panic by their mere presence. Salah does that for Liverpool as does Mane. Sane does that for us. I’d much prefer Zaha or Mahrez.
Insigne looks slow?!?!? Don't know what clips you've been watching mate. And please a great big NO to Chelsea rent boy Hazard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.