It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you are saying we should sign another left back just in case we have 1 or our other 2 quality left backs injured? Who is going to sign for city as a 3rd choice left back!

no, I'm saying keep Angelino, an academy lad, give him Zinchenko's role so make a net profit, and keep Delph for LB for a certain type of opposition but also use him more as cover for Fern, and use Angelino in Zin's games, and as cover for Mendy and as a LWB option for games when we want to play a back 3. He could also cover Sane on the LW, gives us depth and versatility in the cover of each position, makes us a profit and at worst, they don't prove themselves and get sold anyway, just a year later.

If there's a chance Hazard joins us, it's a no-brainer. The guy is a top 3 dribbler, he can create and he's a good finisher. Yes, he's only got 12 goals this season- but just look at Salah, under the right conditions a player can flourish

no, I'm saying keep Angelino, an academy lad, give him Zinchenko's role so make a net profit, and keep Delph for LB for a certain type of opposition but also use him more as cover for Fern, and use Angelino in Zin's games, and as cover for Mendy and as a LWB option for games when we want to play a back 3. He could also cover Sane on the LW, gives us depth and versatility in the cover of each position, makes us a profit and at worst, they don't prove themselves and get sold anyway, just a year later.
If Transfermarkt's data is correct, only one year left on Angelino's (and Maffeo's) contract. Do you think Angelino is going to extend just to become 3rd choice player?

Nope.

We won't be falling into the same trap as United by buying household to make a statement.

Hazard and Mbappe are exceptions but, as of now, Jorginho and Bailey are where it's at.

I'd be very happy if Jorginho and Bailey are the only transfer business we do over the summer....another forward and a holding DM player is the only thing missing. Hopefully these both happen early and we can relax over the summer! Cheers mate...

If Transfermarkt's data is correct, only one year left on Angelino's (and Maffeo's) contract. Do you think Angelino is going to extend just to become 3rd choice player?

Fairly certain that when a player is on a loan Transfermarkt lists the duration of the loan as “the contract”.

They definitely have longer contracts with us.

Pep was willing to sign Sanchez and then Mehrez, so why not Hazard ?

Well Sanchez could play at cf as well as out wide but I argued the same re signing him; that Sterling & Sane would be marginalised & I'd preferred them both to play, often.

Mahrez would not automatically be above those two in the pecking order like Hazard or Sanchez.

Well Sanchez could play at cf as well as out wide but I argued the same re signing him; that Sterling & Sane would be marginalised & I'd preferred them both to play, often.

Mahrez would not automatically be above those two in the pecking order like Hazard or Sanchez.

I don't think the need for a 3rd CF is as necessary as last season because he seems to really like Sterling in the middle, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw that more and more often.

I don't think the need for a 3rd CF is as necessary as last season because he seems to really like Sterling in the middle, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw that more and more often.

I'd like to see Sané get more minutes in the centre too. He's scoring at about 1 goal every 2.5 games in the league, if you look at mins played, which is very decent for a wide player but Sterling is well ahead, mainly imo because he tends to be in scoring positions more often than Sané (maybe because we don't have a regular left back ?). But I wouldn't say he's a better finisher & Leroy has a wicked distance shot on him too.

I think we can double his goal tally next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.