It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see Sané get more minutes in the centre too. He's scoring at about 1 goal every 2.5 games in the league, if you look at mins played, which is very decent for a wide player but Sterling is well ahead, mainly imo because he tends to be in scoring positions more often than Sané (maybe because we don't have a regular left back ?). But I wouldn't say he's a better finisher & Leroy has a wicked distance shot on him too.

I think we can double his goal tally next season.
Bernardo is another one that can play centrally, albeit completely differently than Sterling or Sane. I like him in that False 9 role though, suits his strengths in a lot of ways.

Bernardo is another one that can play centrally, albeit completely differently than Sterling or Sane. I like him in that False 9 role though, suits his strengths in a lot of ways.

Yes he's done pretty well there when used.

If we bring in a superstar like Hazard for huge money he must surely be 1st choice above all of these blokes in whatever position he is used rather than sharing positions like they are doing currently.

no, I'm saying keep Angelino, an academy lad, give him Zinchenko's role so make a net profit, and keep Delph for LB for a certain type of opposition but also use him more as cover for Fern, and use Angelino in Zin's games, and as cover for Mendy and as a LWB option for games when we want to play a back 3. He could also cover Sane on the LW, gives us depth and versatility in the cover of each position, makes us a profit and at worst, they don't prove themselves and get sold anyway, just a year later.

is Jesus 2nd choice, is Bernardo 2nd choice, Gundogan? Or are they all here under the guise of having the opportunity to compete for a starting spot in the champions side?

If it were up to me and offering them, I'd point to Delph and Zin and go "well, if these guys can play a key role in a title winning side out of position, why can't you challenge in your own spot?".

If they wanted to leave fine, but that wasn't part of my premise, it was merely what I would like to try and do if I had a say. I don't, so they'll probably leave and ho-hum. Can put my idea across though.

If we bring in a superstar like Hazard for huge money he must surely be 1st choice above all of these blokes in whatever position he is used rather than sharing positions like they are doing currently.
Is there a 1st choice player in the squad? Train hard with Pep & his team, listen to Pep, and all players who do this will get game time.

Hazard would make us a better squad and team. We shouldn't even be thinking of not buying someone because they would become first choice.

And Hazard can play anywhere across the front line and could also play in Merlin or KDB's positions so he would bring plenty of options for sharing of positions.

Adding Hazard would increase or chances of doing a treble / winning the UCL.

The chances of getting Chelsea to sell him to us at a price we would pay are slim though but I think he'd love to play for Pep and I think that would see the back of a lot of his so-called attitude problems.

The top and bottom of it is, if Hazard is obtainable you get him.

world class.

Imo he would be an absolute beast in the Messi position as well as his usual wide position.

Hazard would make us a better squad and team. We shouldn't even be thinking of not buying someone because they would become first choice.

And Hazard can play anywhere across the front line and could also play in Merlin or KDB's positions so he would bring plenty of options for sharing of positions.

Adding Hazard would increase or chances of doing a treble / winning the UCL.

The chances of getting Chelsea to sell him to us at a price we would pay are slim though but I think he'd love to play for Pep and I think that would see the back of a lot of his so-called attitude problems.

I don't think it's nailed on that he would make us a better team tbh. He might create plenty and score plenty himself, but leave holes in the team elsewhere, which others have to cover. Or he might be just like he was last season, hit and miss.

Aguero/Jesus are better goalscorers & Sterling/Sane do a much better alround job as part of our team than Hazard has done, most seasons in Chelseas team imo.

There is no denying he's a great player. but I'm not sure Belgium would be much worse, if you dropped him for Leroy Sane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.