John Stones - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be very surprised if these rumours are true. We saw enough in the first half of the season to say that there is an excellent center back in there. His form fell off a cliff after he came back but there is no reason whatsoever that he cant overcome that. As OB1 says, its not improvement he needs as his ceiling is high, its consistency. I just don't think you jettison a homegrown player who has shown he is capable of the level of performances Stones has put in.

It's odd that this story is not going away yet but that neither means it has or does not have legs: you can't always be sure when press stories are bollocks. Sometimes you start to be able to smell whether they have the aroma of bovine excrement or a whiff of truth but I am nose blind on this one.

I agree with Nev that Pep will kill this dead on Friday if it is complete nonsense.

I really don't see why Pep would give up on him now; unless, for instance, Toby has agreed to do Walker and JS is now the odd man out. I've said before though that Vinnie is a special case and we might carry an extra defender in order to mitigate the risk of keeping him on board but that, I'm afraid, is where a JFE could come in.
JFE hehe i like how his middle name now is certainly not the official one his family gave him at birth xD

In @super_city_si's post he notes exactly why i think this talk of him going is a bit premature. Before his injury he was spot on playing at an elite level.

I think Pep may want to do a lot of work with him to get his confidence back but we saw the skill he has. Like your good self i would be pretty surprised if Pep got rid so soon. It doesn't feel like the action of Pep, it would feel knee-jerk kind of.

Just read about this now... started scratching my chin when I read this:

Several English defenders, such as Burnley star James Tarkowski, seem to have leapt over John Stones in the race for a place in the England World Cup squad

It's obviously Stone's turn for a while after the Sterling "breakfast gate" failed... notice how it's the English City players they are picking on? Sign of things to come in the world cup buildup?

Someone in the crazy transfer thread mentioned Stones as a midfielder and that got me thinking...Pep does love moving players (see Lahm, Delph), considering Laporte seems to be in favor as the 3rd CB, could Stones see a move to 'Dinho's CDM role? Just a thought.

John Stones is targeting Manchester City’s game against Huddersfield on May 6 to make his comeback from injury and hand England manager Gareth Southgate a World Cup boost.

Love this from Guardiola. “He’s a fucking amazing guy”.

Pep loves publicly praising Stones, remember last year when he went on and said how John has massive balls ?
Must be a way of building his confidence which im all for.

Pep loves publicly praising Stones, remember last year when he went on and said how John has massive balls ?
Must be a way of building his confidence which im all for.

Yeah, he’s looked a bit low on confidence since that hamstring injury so it’s good to see Guardiola giving him full public backing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.