Greatest premier league team

We will have to do the triple treble to be considered the greatest PL team. What I mean by this is 3 consecutive PL titles and during those 3 seasons win a double cup for 2 of those seasons, from either 2 of League Cup, FA Cup or CL.
The Rags have won the PL for 3 consecutive seasons twice and a triple which included the CL. The only way for this team to be considered the greatest would be to smash that.

We will have to do the triple treble to be considered the greatest PL team. What I mean by this is 3 consecutive PL titles and during those 3 seasons win a double cup for 2 of those seasons, from either 2 of League Cup, FA Cup or CL.
The Rags have won the PL for 3 consecutive seasons twice and a triple which included the CL. The only way for this team to be considered the greatest would be to smash that.
I think the CL is considered the be all and end all in Europe, and with owners, but PL is hardest trophy to win...by far...and is, IMHO, why so few PL teams get to the SF of the CL. That and the bent draws!

Apparently the premier league standard this season has been the poorest ever! #NewNarartive

PL table in 98/99:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?ei=...pE5NYLIGo#sie=lg;/m/04nv1b;2;/m/02_tc;st;fp;1

Its obviously difficult if not impossible to compare say this year's Huddersfield team with 98/99's Wimbledon, but overall I dont think that the 98/99 PL was exactly brimming with quality.

If it were possible to play a mini league involving Arsenal, Chelsea, Leeds, West Ham and Villa from 98/99 and United, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea & Arsenal from this season I would expect the teams from this year to dominate

If we can retain the title next season and the one after that would be a key test. Undoubtedly this team in this one season has had the greatest year in PL history.
I think the point being we need to prove it's not a one off year, that as a team we're capable of repeating the feat.

Scum won it 2006/07 - 2007/08 - 2008/09. 3 seasons back to back. Since then (2009/10 onward) it's not been retained by anyone. That would be the marker, the first team to retain the PL crown in 10 years.
I think if we can win it again next year along with another domestic trophy, no one will be able to question the "greatness" of this side.

Based on winning PL football matches, City have equaled Chelsea's record of 30. 3 games to go to break it!

United's 1999 team achieved a great feat with winning 3 cups, but as a standalone Premier League, they had the second lowest number of wins on record... 22 in one season.
The lowest belongs also to United in 1996, 21 wins.

To put that 99 campaign into context. Pep's first Premier League last season racked up 23 wins and we finished in 3rd.

Our aim should be 33 wins.. then we'll sit back and watch the journos' try and explain that one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.