Greatest premier league team

PL table in 98/99:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?ei=vOPmWsqqMsyDgAaAlonoAQ&q=pl+league+table+98/99&oq=pl+league+table+98/99&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i22i30k1j0i22i10i30k1j0i22i30k1l2.2213.4490.0.4790.6.6.0.0.0.0.304.738.0j1j1j1.3.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..3.3.736...0.0.8UpE5NYLIGo#sie=lg;/m/04nv1b;2;/m/02_tc;st;fp;1

Its obviously difficult if not impossible to compare say this year's Huddersfield team with 98/99's Wimbledon, but overall I dont think that the 98/99 PL was exactly brimming with quality.

If it were possible to play a mini league involving Arsenal, Chelsea, Leeds, West Ham and Villa from 98/99 and United, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea & Arsenal from this season I would expect the teams from this year to dominate

Mad to think, the "fantastic" treble winning team wouldn't even finish in the top 3 in the last few seasons!

This is the best team of the Premier League era, without question, with a lasting legacy of records that will take some beating! Simple as that.

This is the best team of the Premier League era, without question, with a lasting legacy of records that will take some beating! Simple as that.

Scary to think that 2 thirds of this team is 3/4 years away from their peak as well!!

Scary to think that 2 thirds of this team is 3/4 years away from their peak as well!!

Yep, we're at the point now where we only need to make targeted additions to the squad with no FFP concerns which held us back in 2012 and 2014. Hopefully next season we'll maintain the level and retain it to shut any doubting fuckers up!

I don't think it's the best team in terms of the group of players but it's a team that has achieved the most remarkable results in the league, ever. That's statistical. And it's also testament to Pep and what he's done.

As an example I think the United 08 team had more world class players than we currently do, but again it goes to show you how wonderful we are as a unit given all the records we are breaking. Also we are a team, largely, yet to hit their peak. If we can add one or two world class players and really improve on the team we have then wow, this team could one day be up their with Barca 09.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.